Business Development Associate
San Francisco or Remote /
Business Development and Strategy /
EV Realty develops, deploys and owns grid-scale charging infrastructure critical to electrifying commercial fleets in the U.S.
We accelerate the adoption of large EV fleets by focusing on the fundamental constraint all electrified fleets face: low-cost, reliable and expandable access to grid-scale power. Today’s electrical grid is complex, constrained and rapidly evolving. It is also the backbone source of fuel that will power the world’s shift to electrified transportation, a use case it was not designed for over a century ago.
That’s where EV Realty comes in – we are developing a network of grid-optimized, large-scale EV charging hubs for delivery, logistics, services and vocational fleet customers. Our depots serve multiple commercial fleets in secure, high-power locations with guaranteed charging access and availability, and are located proximate to major logistics corridors within last-mile delivery/duty range of urban population centers. By aggregating multiple fleets onto shared private infrastructure in grid-ready locations, our depots reduce upfront and recurring costs for fleets, optimize charging times and provide high utilization rates.
As an Analyst, Business Development you will analyze go-to-market strategy, product definition, fleet customer/channel partnerships and projects to evaluate their economics, capital structure, and viability as part of EV Realty’s growth and commercialization of charging depots. Working collaboratively with our Finance, Sales and Project Development teams, you will build project and pricing models incorporating cost estimates, various incentives, and customer opportunities with contract/revenue options. Your efforts will be critical to winning and negotiating new customer contracts. You will also support capital raising to enable EV Realty’s growth, including project finance, corporate debt and equity, and joint ventures.
Principal Responsibilities & Key Results
- Create pricing tools allowing the CCO and BD teams to price customer opportunities, understand key economic drivers, and balance tradeoffs
- Forecast customer value, project economics and capital structure to determine sources and uses, returns, and pricing
- Develop models to evaluate new customer and project opportunities
- Understand and monitor key incentives, grant funding opportunities and other economic incentives for fleet charging and commercial EVs; incorporate into models to maximize project and customer value
- Assist in the scoping of market size and potential site utilization analyses
- Prepare customer and partner marketing collateral
- Manage and prepare bid responses and proposals
- Assist in negotiations with counterparties including customers, property owners and partners
- Work with potential financing parties to evaluate different capital structures and funding options
- Perform ad hoc analyses to support key management and Board-level decisions
Knowledge & Skills
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial work ethic and strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the mobility, transportation, renewable energy, and/or cleantech industries with a passion for solving complex climate-related problems
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with ability to successfully communicate in all situations with internal and external stakeholders and investors
- Experience with making data-driven business cases including market assessments, financial returns, and framing of customer and sponsor value
- Experience managing and using discounted cash flow and energy pricing financial models and ability to identify key value levers
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects, set priorities, and exercise independent judgment
- Mission-driven to combat the effects of climate change and global warming by tackling the urgent problem of decarbonizing the transportation sector at scale
- Bachelors’ degree in engineering, business, economics, finance, math, environmental science, or related field required.
- 2+ years’ experience in investment banking, management consulting, or finance at renewable energy or sustainability operating companies, or a high growth startup in a related field
- Knowledge of project finance a plus
- Excellent working proficiency with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) including ability to write detailed formulas and macros in MS Excel
- Ability to summarize complex issues and opportunities into succinct and actionable deliverables
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for problem solving and quantitative modeling/analysis
- Attention to detail