Principal Software Engineer - Advanced Analytics
Foster City, CA /
Engineering – Engineering /
Exempt Full Time
From the CISO to the analyst, Exabeam helps security teams outsmart the odds by adding intelligence to their existing security tools – including SIEMs, XDRs, cloud data lakes and hundreds of other business and security products. Out-of-the-box use case coverage delivers repeatable outcomes. Behavioral analytics allows security teams to detect compromised and malicious users that were previously difficult, or impossible, to find. And alert enhancement and automated timeline creation help overcome staff shortages by minimizing false positives and reducing the time it takes analysts to detect, triage, investigate and respond to incidents by 51 percent. For more information, visit https://www.exabeam.com.
Exabeam is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our advanced analytics engineering team. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about large-scale systems, and care about producing clean, elegant, maintainable, robust, well-tested code. The candidate will be working on our main advanced analytics engine to process real time event data, analyze security threads, and detect anomalies.
- Design and develop the back-end infrastructure of the next generation Advanced Analytics for Exabeam
- Produce clean, elegant, maintainable, robust and well-tested code
- Work with data scientists and security experts to develop application for new cyber security threats
- Build and maintain existing analytics products and collaborate with infrastructure and platform engineering teams.
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- 10 plus years of software engineering experience
- Solid experience in Java and a desire to learn Scala
- Experience building complex systems with high performance, scalability and reliability requirements
- Experience with distributed data processing system
- Experience in designing and building infrastructure and web services at large scale.
- Expertise in one or more of the following: machine learning, data mining, advanced statistics, or information retrieval.
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, Pig or other MapReduce paradigms.