Sr. Software Engineer - Data Lake (Back End)
Engineering – Engineering /
Exempt Full Time
From the CISO to the analyst, Exabeam helps security teams outsmart the odds by adding intelligence to their existing security tools – including SIEMs, XDRs, cloud data lakes and hundreds of other business and security products. Out-of-the-box use case coverage delivers repeatable outcomes. Behavioral analytics allows security teams to detect compromised and malicious users that were previously difficult, or impossible, to find. And alert enhancement and automated timeline creation help overcome staff shortages by minimizing false positives and reducing the time it takes analysts to detect, triage, investigate and respond to incidents by 51 percent. For more information, visit https://www.exabeam.com.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to join the Data Lake Engineering team. The team has built a distributed security event management application that allow security analysts to evaluate many aspects of enterprise security. This system is responsible for event collection, processing, search, reports, dashboards, alerts, and other services which are critical for a modern-day SIEM.
You are a software engineer who is passionate about large-scale systems. You care about producing clean, elegant, maintainable, robust, well-tested code; you enjoy collaborating with others to come up collectively with the best possible solution. You have experience with performance, scalability, and reliability issues of large 24x7 systems.
- Design and develop the server-side infrastructure and services for the Data Lake product for Exabeam
- Produce clean, elegant, maintainable, robust and well-tested code
- Bachelors degree in related field of study. Master degree preferred.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Expert level in Java or Scala
- Solid Object-oriented design and programming
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and strong analytical /problem solving skills
- Good communication skill
- Experience building complex systems with high performance, scalability and reliability
- Experience of Linux system and modern container technology such as docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with distributed data processing system and data pipelines
- Familiar with functional programming concept, development practices
- Messaging system (Active MQ, Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Microservice and related frameworks (Play, Spring frameworks)
- NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis)