Sr. Software Engineer - Data Lake (Back End)
Pune, MH /
Engineering – Data Foundations /
Exempt Full Time
Exabeam is a global cybersecurity leader that adds intelligence to every IT and security stack. We are reinventing the way security teams use analytics and automation to solve threat detection, investigation, and response (TDIR), from common security threats to the most critical that are difficult to identify. The Exabeam Security Management Platform is a comprehensive cloud-delivered solution that leverages machine learning and automation using a prescriptive, outcomes-based approach to TDIR. It is designed and built to help security teams detect external threats, compromised users and malicious adversaries, minimize false positives, and make security success the norm. For more information, visit www.exabeam.com.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to join the Data Lake Engineering team. The team has built a distributed security event management application that allow security analysts to evaluate many aspects of enterprise security. This system is responsible for event collection, processing, search, reports, dashboards, alerts, and other services which are critical for a modern-day SIEM.
You are a software engineer who is passionate about large-scale systems. You care about producing clean, elegant, maintainable, robust, well-tested code; you enjoy collaborating with others to come up collectively with the best possible solution. You have experience with performance, scalability, and reliability issues of large 24x7 systems.
- Design and develop the server-side infrastructure and services for the Data Lake product for Exabeam
- Produce clean, elegant, maintainable, robust and well-tested code
- Bachelors degree in related field of study. Master degree preferred.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Expert level in Java or Scala
- Solid Object-oriented design and programming
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and strong analytical /problem solving skills
- Good communication skill
- Experience building complex systems with high performance, scalability and reliability
- Experience of Linux system and modern container technology such as docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with distributed data processing system and data pipelines
- Familiar with functional programming concept, development practices
- Messaging system (Active MQ, Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Microservice and related frameworks (Play, Spring frameworks)
- NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis)