Performance Engineering Lead
San Mateo, CA
Exabeam delivers next-generation security management technology that enables organizations to protect their most valuable information. The Exabeam Security Management Platform combines unlimited log data collection, advanced behavioral analytics, and automated incident response, all supported by Exabeam’s patented Smart Timelines technology that uses machine learning to track identity and behavior over time. The company’s recent industry accolades include Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. 500, and SC Awards Europe, among many other distinctions.
Exabeam is the leader of user and entity behavior analytics. We deliver a complete Security Intelligence Platform that enables customers to easily collect all of their security relevant data, to accurately detect complex threats, and to effectively respond to security incidents. We exponentially increase the productivity and effectiveness of valuable security operations teams by enabling them to cut through the noise of thousands of alerts and focus immediately on high-risk user profiles and behaviors.
The role of the PSR Engineering Lead is to manage, architect and contribute to the team that focuses on measuring, improving and maintaining the performance, scalability and reliability of the entire suite of Exabeam products. This person will report to Director of QA.
The ideal profile is a person who did development for a number of years (3-7), has experience working on performance and scalability of large distributed systems and then naturally moved into a management role because it was something that he/she had natural aptitude for and enjoyed doing it. This candidate sees the success of the team as his/her personal success.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related
- 8+ years of software engineering experience
- Big data experience is a must
- Comfortable designing and creating tools for the team
- Work with product owners to define the requirements/user stories to ensure they are fully vetted
- Break a project or work down into smaller chunks, and assign to the right developer
- Effectively prioritize tasks and track developers’ work, quickly react to changes or issues
- Manage conflicting priorities
- Work with product management, development, and QA to ensure timely and proper testing
- Own the framework management and development as well as deliver the performance numbers/ coverage for all product lines
- Deliver projects on time to meet the business needs
- Experience in Scala (or a strong desire to learn Scala)
- Experience in Linux
- Up – Communicating status of your team up your management chain
- Across – Communicating with peers and other functional groups across the organization, build relationships and work cooperatively with other stakeholders
- Down – Ability to effectively lead and motivate the team. Communicate news, decisions to your team. Keep everyone in the know