Big Data Engineer
San Mateo, CA
Exabeam delivers next-generation security management technology that enables organizations to protect their most valuable information. The Exabeam Security Management Platform combines unlimited log data collection, advanced behavioral analytics, and automated incident response, all supported by Exabeam’s patented Smart Timelines technology that uses machine learning to track identity and behavior over time. The company’s recent industry accolades include Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. 500, and SC Awards Europe, among many other distinctions.
We are looking for a Big Data Engineer to join our Data Lake engineering team. Data Lake team is responsible for building the next-gen log management system that enables SIEM at scale. Some of the scale challenges we face are very unique in the industry. We are looking for someone who is very passionate about distributed systems and high scalability.
- Design & build high-performant, reliable systems which scale effectively irrespective of the size of the customer
- Take pride in delivering a top quality product
- Work closely with engineers, PM and customer support.
- Constantly learn, innovate and mentor other members in the team.
- Be responsible for end-to-end delivery of features and provide support after launch
- We are a startup - wearing multiple hats is expected and encouraged.
- Write clean, elegant code that solves complex problems
- Participate in design & code reviews
- B.S. in Computer Science or related.
- Experience in any of these is a big plus: ElasticSearch, LogStash, Kafka, Mongo, HBase, Spark, Hadoop
- Experience in Linux
- Experience in scala, python desired
Exabeam is privately funded by Aspect Ventures, Cisco Investments, Icon Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Norwest Venture Partners and well-known security investor Shlomo Kramer. For more information, visit https://www.exabeam.com or follow us on Twitter @exabeam.