Principal Back-End Software Engineer
San Mateo, CA
Exabeam delivers next-generation security management technology that enables organizations to protect their most valuable information. The Exabeam Security Management Platform combines unlimited log data collection, advanced behavioral analytics, and automated incident response, all supported by Exabeam’s patented Smart Timelines technology that uses machine learning to track identity and behavior over time. The company’s recent industry accolades include Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. 500, and SC Awards Europe, among many other distinctions.
We are looking for a Principal Back-End Software Engineer to join a brand new small team building our next generation product/service. This is a SaaS, multi-tenant, microservices based, very large-scale cloud native application that will ingest and process in real time petabytes of data. As part of the initial team you will have the opportunity to help define and build the complete Back-End for the product. This is a rare opportunity for a senior engineer who loves to build stuff, dig deep, work hard with a superb experienced team, and make a huge impact in a brand-new product using the latest technologies.
- Architect, design, and code the initial Back-End for a brand new, exciting product for Exabeam
- Work closely with a small team of highly skilled engineers from the ground up
- Knowledge and deep experience architecting and building complex systems with high performance, scalability and reliability requirements of large 24 x 7 systems
- Architecture, design, and coding (lots of coding)
- At least 10+ years of software engineering experience building scalable distributed systems
- Experience in Java or Scala (if no Scala - you will learn it here), deep JVM knowledge, Clojure (an added plus)
- Experience working with Containers
- Kubernetes - a plus - you will get good at it here.
- CI/CD - deploying multiple times a day
- Eagerness to join and foster a brand new team environment where we all celebrate each other's victories
- Enjoys the very fast pace of a startup where someone’s contributions have an immediate impactI
- High attention to detail
- *Love to dig deep into complex problems and do whatever it takes to build a high quality product*