India Site Head
Engineering – Engineering /
Exempt Full Time
Exabeam is the Smarter SIEM™ company. We help security operations and insider threat teams work smarter, allowing them to detect, investigate and respond to cyberattacks in 51 percent less time. Security organizations no longer have to live with excessive logging fees, missed distributed attacks and unknown threats, or manual investigations and remediation. With the modular Exabeam Security Management Platform, analysts can collect unlimited log data, use behavioral analytics to detect attacks, and automate incident response, both on-premise or in the cloud. Exabeam Smart Timelines, sequences of user and device behavior created using machine learning, further reduce the time and specialization required to detect attacker tactics, techniques and procedures.
Exabeam is extending its resources by setting up an offshore centre in Pune, India. Initially the facility will be housed in the offices of their partner Persistent Systems. We are looking for a strong leader who can set up and scale this centre spawning diverse skill sets. This is the right opportunity for a self-driven, confident product executive who is looking to shoulder independent responsibility for enhancing a complex global product and will serve as the company’s key representative on the ground, responsible for the success and performance of the Pune centre. Also, he/she would be the public face and ambassador for Exabeam among potential candidates, community and the country. He/She will ensure that the Exabeam culture of transparency, meritocracy and empowerment extends seamlessly to the Pune centre. This position reports to the Executive Vice President, Engineering who is based at Headquarters. This is an ideal role for somebody looking for a leadership role in a high growth, technically challenging product start-up at Pune.
- Exabeam has a start-up culture where its values are interwoven into its DNA. The successful candidate must be prepared and capable to contribute at the ground level and able to get into the details
- Build, retain, motivate and lead a world-class product development, testing and support team at Pune. Foster leadership and mentorship throughout all teams. Responsible for performance management and career development of teams and ensure there is cross functional collaboration between the groups within Pune and abroad.
- Collaborate with senior leaders within the organization to identify and implement productivity measures and ensure efficient & effective management of the development centre at Pune
- Lead leadership-level initiatives around training and operational improvements
- Manage the India centre operations ensuring all legal compliances, managing the budgets and financials working closely with Persistent System team
- Drive a transparent, high calibre work culture that are aligned with Exabeam’s core values
- Plan, direct, and oversee all aspects of the centre’s operations including facilities, administration and future expansion
- Establishes strong rapport with team members, supporting practices that drive employee engagement and productivity
- Work closely with the headquarters to understand expectations and deliver efficiently and on time
- Problem-solving autonomously while being able to suggest strategies to the EVP, Engineering and Executive team is a must
- Product development experience with a US-based high technology company
- Prior experience with a start-up or similar initiative that required building from ground up
- 15+ years of experience in building/managing a global enterprise software company offshore centre preferably in systems/security/infrastructure space
- Strong people management skills - should have a track record of attracting and retaining a high calibre engineering team
- Good understanding of multicultural work environments should have demonstrated the ability to work with cross-functional teams across the organization
- Strong business acumen and professionalism, attention to detail and outstanding communication skills
- The ability to make difficult decisions when required use independent judgement to exercise responsibilities with due and reasonable care, skill and diligence
- Prior experience and demonstrated success in building a world class organization in a fast-paced dynamic environment, specifically in India, that emphasizes ownership, accountability, collaboration and execution