Director of Engineering
Foster City, CA /
Engineering – Engineering /
Exempt Full Time
From the CISO to the analyst, Exabeam helps security teams outsmart the odds by adding intelligence to their existing security tools – including SIEMs, XDRs, cloud data lakes and hundreds of other business and security products. Out-of-the-box use case coverage delivers repeatable outcomes. Behavioral analytics allows security teams to detect compromised and malicious users that were previously difficult, or impossible, to find. And alert enhancement and automated timeline creation help overcome staff shortages by minimizing false positives and reducing the time it takes analysts to detect, triage, investigate and respond to incidents by 51 percent. For more information, visit https://www.exabeam.com.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to lead the UI Engineering Team. You will work closely with the Design/UX, Back End Engineering, Cloud Platform, and QA Teams to deliver consistent user interface across a portfolio of Security Applications. This person should be deeply technical with hands-on development expertise to work with engineers, define guidelines to create components, and write/review code. The ideal profile requires several years of engineering experience plus management roles with increasing and complex levels of responsibilities, including global locations. The position reports to Vice President of Security Applications Engineering.
Expectations & Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the team that develops and delivers User Interfaces for all Security Applications
- Organize, structure, and manage a global team of 15-20 engineers
- Technical depth and Product UI engineering experience with enterprise software or cloud applications, presentation, and workflow technologies at scale
- Engineering point of ownership for working with the Design Team in evolving a Design System and overall consistency of UI assets
- Ownership for quality, including test automation of unit and functional tests
- Familiarity with API development to ensure Front End – Back End integration is efficient
- Work with product owners and Design Team to define requirements/user stories
- Fully experienced with development practices such as Agile, CI/CD, and software tools
- Work planning and project management to manage people and delivery timelines
- Clear communication in oral and written presentations is a must
Exabeam is privately funded by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Cisco Investments, Norwest Venture Partners, Acrew Capital, Icon Ventures, and investor Shlomo Kramer. For more information visit https://www.exabeam.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.