San Mateo, CA
Product & Research
Exabeam delivers next-generation security management technology that enables organizations to protect their most valuable information. The Exabeam Security Management Platform combines unlimited log data collection, advanced behavioral analytics, and automated incident response, all supported by Exabeam’s patented Smart Timelines technology that uses machine learning to track identity and behavior over time. The company’s recent industry accolades include Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. 500, and SC Awards Europe, among many other distinctions.
As a technical writer of a fast growing cyber security company, you will directly help our customers, partners, and internal employees better understand how to configure and use our products. We are looking for a writer who is curious not only about how a feature works, but also why and when to use it, and what the best practices are for configuring it. You will be responsible for updating and maintaining our product user and administrative guides and for authoring and publishing technical articles in our customer facing knowledge base. You will be working with subject matter experts (software engineers, product managers, sales engineers) to develop technical content.
- Facility with technology—You’re curious, not afraid to be hands-on with the products or to ask questions, and you can empathize with the challenges our customers face.
- Know the craft—You like writing more than you like doing anything else and you have an innate ability to convey the why, how and what in an easy to understand way for the customers.
- Innovation—You are creative, and love to experiment with new ways to present information in a way that enables a positive user experience with our products.
- Organization—You can take large amount of technical details and organize them into topics that users can easily find and use to solve their network security problems.
- Leadership and Initiative—You’re not afraid to propose changes to improve process and quality to enable a better customer experience and you are relentless in hunting down the information you need.
- Interpersonal skills—You are able to work with PMs, developers, QA, customers, SEs, and support to successfully gather information required to understand the problems our users are facing and the ways our products help to solve them.
- Problem solving skills—You have strong critical-thinking skills and use them to ensure that you are providing just the information our users need to complete the task at hand.
- You are fun and badass.
- Gather, analyze, and compose information provided by subject matter experts (SME).
- Conduct research and ensure the use of proper technical terminology.
- Translate SME information into clear, readable documents such as user guides, admin guides, technical specifications, and workflow processes.
- Revise document drafts, verify technical content, and ensure correct grammar.
- Collaborate with Support, Customer Success, and other internal teams to collect and close gaps in documentation.
- Support the Lead Technical Writer in ad hoc documentation projects.
- Must have a knowledge and background in network security and or cloud computing environment.
- Degree in Technical Writing, Computer Science or a related field highly desirable, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with topic-based writing (Madcap Flare is highly desired. DITA or XML authoring).
- Experience with the software development life cycle and Agile processes.
- Ability to see the big picture and proven track record of writing concepts and tasks from scratch.
- Ability to go and find out not only how something works, but also when and why to use a particular configuration/setting.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Minimum 2 years of proven technical writing experience.