San Mateo, CA
Exabeam delivers next-generation security management technology that enables organizations to protect their most valuable information. The Exabeam Security Management Platform combines unlimited log data collection, advanced behavioral analytics, and automated incident response, all supported by Exabeam’s patented Smart Timelines technology that uses machine learning to track identity and behavior over time. The company’s recent industry accolades include Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. 500, and SC Awards Europe, among many other distinctions.
You will provide technical leadership for all aspects of system architecture for an advanced data processing system to detect advanced security threats using the latest stream processing and machine learning techniques.
A senior software professional who has architected (and implemented) and is passionate about large-scale systems. Must enjoy collaborating with internal constituents (Engineering, Product management, Sales, Customer Success) and customers. You have experience with performance, scalability, and reliability issues of large 24x7 systems. Presentation, communication, and leadership skills are essential.
The position reports to EVP of Engineering.
- Provide technical leadership to the organization for product and process evolution
- Work with engineering teams to make high-level design choices and technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms.
- Document Technology Roadmaps, work closely with engineering leads and product management
- Serve as the engineering lead/point of contact in complex customer situations (pre-sales, problem resolution, solution architecture, etc.).
- Implement key functionality
- Experience architecting, delivering, and evolving complex systems with high performance, scalability and reliability requirements
- Experience in Scala or other functional programming languages
- Strong Object-oriented experience, for example in Java, Scala, Ruby, or C++.
- In depth experience building (not just using) distributed data processing system (Akka, Spark, Kafka, Storm, Shark, Hadoop, others.)
- Knowledge of Cyber Security Domain (or data analytics/monitoring solution) is highly desirable
- B.S. in Computer Science or related disciplines, Master’s or higher degree preferred
Why Work at Exabeam?
- Work with a top-notch team of motivated engineers, pushing the envelope to produce the most advanced real time security data processing engine
- Technically challenging and interesting “big data” problem. Opportunity to work with the latest technologies in distributed systems, machine learning, and high-volume data processing
- Well-funded with significant market traction