Sr. Software Engineer - Data Lake (Front End or Full Stack)
Engineering – Engineering /
Exempt Full Time
From the CISO to the analyst, Exabeam helps security teams outsmart the odds by adding intelligence to their existing security tools – including SIEMs, XDRs, cloud data lakes and hundreds of other business and security products. Out-of-the-box use case coverage delivers repeatable outcomes. Behavioral analytics allows security teams to detect compromised and malicious users that were previously difficult, or impossible, to find. And alert enhancement and automated timeline creation help overcome staff shortages by minimizing false positives and reducing the time it takes analysts to detect, triage, investigate and respond to incidents by 51 percent. For more information, visit https://www.exabeam.com.
We are looking for a Front-End / Full-Stack Software Engineer to join the Data Lake Engineering team. The team has built a distributed security event management application that allow users to evaluate many aspects of enterprise security. This system is responsible for event collection, processing, search, reports, dashboards, alerts, and other services which are critical for a modern-day SIEM.
You will be responsible for the entire stack of the user experience that you create. You lean towards front-end development and are competent creating robust single-page applications, but you have a keen interest in server-side technologies in order to produce the API that the UI would consume. You care about producing clean, elegant, maintainable, robust, well-tested code. You are comfortable working with large codebases and enjoy the challenge of refactoring. You have experience with multiple front-end frameworks and can identify general front-end design patterns rather than rely on any specific tool.
We are a design centric company – we value how our customers interact with our product and you will be responsible for designing and implementing the user interface for our full-featured log management system. We want to be the leading edge in design for the security industry and you will be helping to create the face and brand of our UI.
- Design and develop the front-end web application for the Data Lake product.
- Design and develop RESTful endpoints to support your web interface.
- Develop unit tests and automation tests for your UI components and your APIs.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and strong analytical /problem solving skills
- Good communication skill
- Solid programming experience designing and writing well organized, clean, and extensible code
- Appreciation for high-quality user interfaces and interest in user interaction
- Experience with ReactJS
- Experience with modern design framework such as Angular Material or Material UI
- Server-side/restful experience in Java or Scala and modern API design/framework
- Experience with distributed web servers