Senior Technical Writer
Product & Research – Technical Writing /
Exempt Full Time
From the CISO to the analyst, Exabeam helps security teams outsmart the odds by adding intelligence to their existing security tools – including SIEMs, XDRs, cloud data lakes and hundreds of other business and security products. Out-of-the-box use case coverage delivers repeatable outcomes. Behavioral analytics allows security teams to detect compromised and malicious users that were previously difficult, or impossible, to find. And alert enhancement and automated timeline creation help overcome staff shortages by minimizing false positives and reducing the time it takes analysts to detect, triage, investigate and respond to incidents by 51 percent. For more information, visit https://www.exabeam.com.
Exabeam’s Documentation team helps our users, partners, and internal teams configure and use our products. In this role, you will create and maintain our technical product documentation in our customer-facing knowledge base. You will work closely with subject matter experts (including software engineers, product managers, support and sales engineers) in an Agile development environment to develop technical content that enables our users to effectively use Exabeam products. You will also help the team evolve our content strategy and find new ways to use documentation to help our users.
- Plan and write documentation that helps our customers learn Exabeam’s security products.
- Create, maintain, and follow consistent writing style standards and guidelines
- Create and manage documentation in a structured authoring environment using component content management systems.
- Help Exabeam evolve and modernize our content strategy and standards to help us improve our documentation processes.
- Establish subject matter expertise about a given product and best practices for using the product.
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, and other members of the Documentation team to understand our technology and our audience and deliver superior products.
- Create documentation based on use cases and customer scenarios.
- Respond to user feedback and use feedback to determine, recommend, and plan new content.
- BA/BS degree, or relevant professional experience.
- 5-8 years of experience developing technical documentation, preferably for enterprise software.
- Experience managing your schedule and prioritizing requirements.
- Attention to detail and dedication to quality.
- Experience writing structured documentation, or an understanding of structured writing concepts (for example, DITA, DocBook,or other XML-based standards).
- Experience with topic-based writing.
- Agile software development experience.
- Ability to research and write software documentation for complex products.
- Exposure to writing for a contextual digital experience (e.g., using tools like Pendo for contextual help and WalkMe for guided product tours) a big plus – i.e, UX writing
- Knowledge and background in information security and cloud computing environments is a plus.
- Experience with Linux is a plus.