Data Automation Engineer
Foster City, CA /
Customer Success – Professional Services /
Exempt Full Time
From the CISO to the analyst, Exabeam helps security teams outsmart the odds by adding intelligence to their existing security tools – including SIEMs, XDRs, cloud data lakes and hundreds of other business and security products. Out-of-the-box use case coverage delivers repeatable outcomes. Behavioral analytics allows security teams to detect compromised and malicious users that were previously difficult, or impossible, to find. And alert enhancement and automated timeline creation help overcome staff shortages by minimizing false positives and reducing the time it takes analysts to detect, triage, investigate and respond to incidents by 51 percent. For more information, visit https://www.exabeam.com.
Exabeam is looking for a highly motivated Data Automation Engineer to work within our Professional Services team. You will create content for our whole suite of Exabeam security products. This can be a remote role and will report directly to a Director, Professional Services.
- Understand security regulations (e.g. PCI, ISO 27001, etc.) and suggest reports that would help customers achieve compliance
- Build reports and visualizations using the Elasticsearch platform
- Research and understand log events of security and IT devices
- Collaborate with Professional Services Engineers and build parsers for log events according to Exabeam's data model during deployment engagements
- Own and create the Exabeam categorization model, the incident response playbook, and the
- Code scripts in python to integrate with security and IT devices
behavioral models to detect malicious activities in networks
- Experience with Log Collection (Experience working with/within SOC teams preferred)
- Experience with RegEx and Python (ability to know the difference between Python 2 & 3)
- Experience with Linux and comfortability on the command line
- Prior experience with SIEM tools (Splunk, QRadar, LogRthym preferred)
- Scripting skills (Bash preferred)
- Ability to take logs from systems to translate into a format that Exabeam can ingest- such as event builders and parsers
- Knowledge of industry best practices, and ability to understand data pipeline and processes, data cleaning
- Familiarity with SOAR desirable
Exabeam is privately funded by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Cisco Investments, Norwest Venture Partners, Acrew Capital, Icon Ventures, and investor Shlomo Kramer. For more information visit https://www.exabeam.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.