Vice President of Engineering
Foster City, CA /
Engineering – Engineering /
Exempt Full Time
From the CISO to the analyst, Exabeam helps security teams outsmart the odds by adding intelligence to their existing security tools – including SIEMs, XDRs, cloud data lakes and hundreds of other business and security products. Out-of-the-box use case coverage delivers repeatable outcomes. Behavioral analytics allows security teams to detect compromised and malicious users that were previously difficult, or impossible, to find. And alert enhancement and automated timeline creation help overcome staff shortages by minimizing false positives and reducing the time it takes analysts to detect, triage, investigate and respond to incidents by 51 percent. For more information, visit https://www.exabeam.com.
We are looking for a Vice President of Engineering to lead Exabeam’s Security Applications Team that includes backend and front-end engineering teams for delivering Exabeam’s applications portfolio such as Advance Analytics, Incident Responder, and Alerts Triage. The ideal profile requires several years of software development experience as an individual contributor plus a clear progression of engineering management roles with increasing and complex levels of responsibilities, including global locations. In short, a leader who will help drive critical technology decisions for our current and future Security applications portfolio. The position reports to EVP of Engineering.
- Technical depth and domain expertise to help develop and maintain a technical roadmap, make key architectural decisions, assemble and guide the team to deliver on critical company near term goals and have foresight to set the strategy for long term evolutions.
- Organization and change management to build and grow a 75+ person team comprised of individual contributors, Managers, and Directors.
- Combination of strategic and tactical mindset to help drive software quality and process improvements.
- You will instill a “can do” attitude within the engineering organization to deal with ambiguity and constantly moving targets, and adjust deadlines seamlessly.
- Extensive experience in ensuring that the quality of technical deliverables (code, designs, documentation, unit test, etc.) are to the highest of standards.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Elastic, HDFS, MongoDB, etc., for enterprise software on-prem and Cloud.
- Expertise with cloud delivery, cloud applications, and SaaS on AWS and/or GCP.
- Deep technical domain knowledge and have the ability to roll up sleeves to teach and develop team members.
- Ability to work with and lead cross-functional initiatives and a proven track record of being a successful and engaging communicator, who can make complex and nuanced topics accessible throughout the company (departments and geos)
- Ability to arbitrate technical discussions and make challenging calls.
- Able to work through people and process gaps, ability to fill those gaps and provide timely, honest feedback and advice to key stakeholders throughout the company.
- Demonstrated career growth with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Personal tenacity and perseverance.