Junior NLP Data Researcher
Toronto, Canada /
Exiger Tech /
Location, Toronto, Ontario
Exiger Tech is an experienced team of software professionals with a wide range of specialties and interests. We make use of big data and natural language processing technologies as well as dealing with day-to-day application development and scaling issues. We utilize agile methodologies, iterate quickly to find solutions, and work together to ensure that the system evolves in a maintainable and performant fashion.
This is a full-time opportunity located in Toronto, Ontario.
We are looking for a resourceful driven individual with an eye for detail and native proficiency in English. Communication skills are paramount, as well as the ability to adapt to fluctuating requirements and priorities. You would be working as a NLP Data Researcher as part of the Cognitive Computing Team and will directly contribute to the quality of our various products. The ideal candidate has an exceptional eye for detail, and the ability to solve complex problems quickly and efficiently.
- Assess event Lucene queries
- Maintain and debug dev tools in Java using IntelliJ.
- Accurately identify events from text and assess keywords.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy through active participation in individual tasks and team contribution.
- Collaborate closely and communicate effectively with the Cognitive Computing team.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong command of the English language.
- Superior reading skills in English.
- Familiarity with Regex and Lucene.
- Basic knowledge of Java.
- Basic knowledge of Git.
- 1-2 years of data science/development experience or equivalent education in these fields.
- Java and Regex experience.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Experience with data management.
- Proven attention to detail.
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly.
At Exiger we work everyday to make the world a safer place to do business in. Our experts and technology help clients prevent breaches, respond to risk, remediate issues and monitor activities. We are searching for people who think creatively to solve complex problems related to governance, risk and compliance thus delivering first class solutions for our corporate and government partners.
Exiger’s core values are courage, excellence, expertise, innovation, integrity, teamwork and trust.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.