Tech - Senior Big Data Java Developer
Toronto, Canada /
Exiger Tech /
Location: Toronto, CAN
Exiger Tech is an experienced team of software professionals with a wide range of specialties and interests. We make use of big data and natural language processing technologies as well as dealing with day-to-day application development and scaling issues. We utilize agile methodologies, iterate quickly to find solutions, and work together to ensure that the system evolves in a maintainable and performant fashion.
This is a full-time opportunity located in Toronto, CAN.
Our ideal Senior Big Data Java Developer candidate is creative, adaptable, positive, proactive and hard-working. They should have a fearless attitude, and view problems as challenges. They will be a person of integrity, and desire to work within a team of like-minded people with diverse expertise to build state of the art software solutions working at massive scale. They are able to articulate their thoughts verbally and, on a whiteboard, and enjoy considering differing perspectives. If you value a challenge and working with really talented individuals, who are passionate about what they are building and thrive in a team-oriented work environment, please apply!
- Designing and developing high-quality software using Java and related frameworks.
- Participating in R&D collaborative brainstorming and planning sessions.
- Developing great software and ensuring alignment to current and developing architecture.
- Conducting design and peer reviews.
- Evaluating and introducing new tools and techniques to the team.
- Proactively identifying areas for improvement, seeking solutions and making recommendations.
- Takes responsibility for the quality of deliverables.
- Mentor new developers and act as a mentor coach for senior employees.
- Perform and promote effective communication practices across development teams and with business leads.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong expertise in SOLR, Hadoop and Elastic
- GCP Dataproc experienced considered an asset
- Strong expertise in Java and Java frameworks
- Solid foundation in computer science and ability to solve algorithmic tasks.
- Strong competencies in data structures and software design (Design Patterns).
- Exceptional analytical skills to understand problems, identify root cause and resolve.
- Strong experience designing distributed systems in a cloud environment.
- Effective collaborator with experience in an agile environment.
Professional Experience Required
- A bachelor’s or graduate degree in a relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- 8 – 10 + years professional software development experience with Java and Java frameworks.
- Experience with Spring, Spring Boot, Postgres, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker preferred.
- Microservice architecture experience.
- Experience with unit testing, and TDD as a plus.
At Exiger we work every day to make the world a safer place to do business in. Our experts and technology help clients prevent breaches, respond to risk, remediate issues and monitor activities. We are searching for people who think creatively to solve complex problems related to governance, risk and compliance thus delivering first class solutions for our corporate and government partners.
Exiger’s core values are courage, excellence, expertise, innovation, integrity, teamwork and trust.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.