Advisory - Analyst, Financial Crime Compliance
London, UK /
Exiger Advisory /
Job Location: London, UK
We have a very exciting opportunity for Analysts to join our growing Exiger Advisory business. Analysts are a vital part of a team that advises the world’s leading financial organizations in financial crime compliance laws, regulations and best practices. Financial crime compliance (FCC) expands beyond Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Sanctions & Embargoes and includes Anti-Fraud and Investigations, Anti-Bribery & Corruptions as well as other criminal offenses affecting a financial organization.
An Analyst at Exiger conducts thorough analysis and research, assists with the drafting of complex reports and memoranda, reviews documents, delivers quantitative analysis, conducts interviews, and helps to develop proposals and recommendations for Exiger Advisory clients.
- Performs day-to-day activities in support of consulting projects, including interacting with client personnel, other team members, and professionals from other firms involved in the engagement.
- Organizes information to facilitate effective data access and analysis.
- Prepares high-quality written analyses and other reports for the team, as necessary, on the results of activities. Ensures the accuracy of assertions and citations in written report and ensures that written work product meets professional standards.
- Prepares client-ready presentations and quantitative exhibits on the project scope and findings.
- Maintains detailed working paper records reflecting assumptions, methodologies, and sources of information employed during the performance of all analytical tasks.
- Performs technical, industry, and company research using online tools and publicly-available information, develops work plans and executes analyses to assess complex questions of fact, assists in preparing reports and schedules summarizing findings that will be delivered to clients and other parties.
- Develops a professional understanding of business regulation – both consumer and market-facing – including Anti-Money Laundering/financial crime, fraud, anti-bribery and corruption, governance and systems and control.
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with colleagues and clients.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent and demonstrated analytical ability.
- Strong, demonstrated written communication and editing skills.
- Attention to detail and strong oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner.
Professional Experience Required
- Bachelors degree required, Masters preferred.
- Extensive experience working with the online information resources commonly used in investigative research preferred (e.g. Accurint, LexisNexis, Westlaw, Factiva, etc.) preferred.
- Computer and Internet proficient, with mastery of Microsoft applications required.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 40% based on client locations and needs.
- Additional language skills are a plus.
We at Exiger are committed to equal opportunities and diversity. To remain an equal opportunity employer, we intend that no qualified job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion or political belief, disability or age. There will be equal opportunities in the recruitment, training and development and promotion of employees.