Diligence - Due Diligence, Risk, and Compliance Researcher (Indonesian, Malay, Korean, Portuguese and Danish)
Remote, CAN /
Exiger Diligence /
Job Location: Canada - Remote
Exiger Diligence is excited to welcome to its team experienced due diligence, compliance, and risk research professionals. We are searching for talented research professionals who know this industry and are passionate about research. We are also pleased to be expanding the geographic reach of our team by seeking professionals based across Canada who are interested in working in a fully remote capacity.
Exiger Diligence focuses on due diligence research for a variety of clients using a wide range of research tools to gather risk and compliance intelligence on individuals and companies. The research is then analyzed and developed into a narrative report, which is used by clients to understand the general background of the subject, assess the subject’s legitimacy and reputation, and inform strategic decision-making.
This is a full-time, fully remotely-assigned opportunity.
Due Diligence, Risk, and Compliance Researchers are creative and inquisitive. They seek to provide thorough and accurate information to the client in every report they complete. Researchers work both independently and collaboratively on research and reports for a variety of domestic and international clients.
- Extensive primary and secondary research using a variety of open-source and public records web-based tools.
- Identification of pertinent information and development of useful insights into the subject.
- Write clear, concise and thorough reports for clients.
- Learn to own cases from start to finish with review of cases by senior researchers.
- Assist with research, writing, and editing of large and complex cases.
- Utilize best practices in research methodology to effectively complete reports for various different clients and of various different scopes.
- Commitment to integrity and thoroughness of research.
- Travel may be required under certain circumstances.
Knowledge & Skills
- Previous experience conducting due diligence, risk, or compliance research.
- Familiarity with public-records research and an understanding of due diligence research methodology.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
- Superior comprehension and analytical abilities.
- Excellent logical deductive skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced and self-driven environment.
- Ability to manage and prioritize several projects and assignments simultaneously.
- Organizational and time management competency required.
- Ability to mentor others.
- Understanding of current events, international affairs, financial regulations, economics and/or finance.
- Professional fluency/proficiency in a foreign language a plus with a particular emphasis on Indonesian, Malay, Korean, Portuguese and Danish.
Professional Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 0-3 years of due diligence research, review, and management experience
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in dynamic, high-pressure, and deadline-driven environments.
- Solution-oriented professional focused on achieving optimal outcomes for clients, the business, and the team.
- Professional fluency/proficiency in a foreign language with a particular emphasis on Indonesian, Malay, Korean, Portuguese and Danish.
At Exiger we work everyday to make the world a safer place to do business in. Our experts and technology help clients prevent breaches, respond to risk, remediate issues and monitor activities. We are searching for people who think creatively to solve complex problems related to governance, risk and compliance thus delivering first class solutions for our corporate and government partners.
Exiger’s core values are courage, excellence, expertise, innovation, integrity, teamwork and trust.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.