Exiger Federal Solutions- Tech Automation QA Lead
Tysons Corner, Virginia /
Federal Solutions – Technology /
Exiger Federal Solutions is looking for an experienced, easy going and energetic QA Lead professional. The candidate will demonstrate a solid understanding of QA practices, and are interested in working on exciting projects in a fast-paced and casual environment, which values communication and contribution by all team members. The candidate will be self-motivated and capable of working independently, as well as in a team setting.
Reporting to the QA Manager, the QA will be involved in all software quality assurance activities for their assigned projects. This professional is expected to drive product quality improvements, participate in discussions regarding the requirements and design of new features, as well as improvement of existing features. The QA Lead will be responsible for functional test design, planning, creation and execution.
- Enhance and utilize existing QA tools written in Java Selenium in order to perform successful testing
- Run cucumber based gherkin scenarios to closely match the requirement in test
- Write Java codes to glue the gherkin scenarios into computer readable program
- Write API tests using Java Rest-Assured or similar technologies
- Provide direct and effective solutions to the planning and grooming meetings for upcoming stories
- Review technology stack in use by project teams and reviews for fit with automated test tools in use
- Work closely with Product and Development teams to resolve system and product issues
- Follow Agile principles and work independently without direct input or oversight.
- Create Protractor based automation scenarios to closely match the requirement in test
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-manager with the ability to perform well under little supervision
- Quick learner of new concepts and technologies
- Critical thinking skills, with the ability to organize and articulate effective problem solving solutions.
- Good oral and written communication skills
Professional Experience Required
- Bachelors’ degree in a computer science or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience
- 2 years of experience leading a QA team
- Strong hands-on knowledge in technical areas including ATDD, Cucumber, Gherkin, Java, Selenium, TestNG, JUnit, RESTAssured and/or similar tools
- Experience with Cucumber/Gherkin language to specify scenarios, or alternate tools in the same space such as Behat, Watir etc.
- Experience in testing Angular JS applications. Preferably using Protractor.
- Understanding of Big Data, machine learning, NLP, and data analysis.
- Experience of DevOPS a plus
At Exiger we work everyday to make the world a safer place to do business in. Our experts and technology help clients prevent breaches, respond to risk, remediate issues and monitor activities. We are searching for people who think creatively to solve complex problems related to governance, risk and compliance thus delivering first class solutions for our corporate and government partners.
Exiger’s core values are courage, excellence, expertise, innovation, integrity, teamwork and trust.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.