Advisory Services - Project based, Tester and Audit Expert
London, UK /
IC - Advisory /
Location: London, UK
Exiger Advisory is a diverse team of seasoned multi-disciplinary professionals that advises the world’s leading financial organizations in financial crime compliance laws, regulations, and best practices. Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) expands beyond Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Sanctions & Embargoes and includes Anti-Fraud, Anti-Bribery & Corruptions as well as other criminal offenses affecting a financial organization. Our unparalleled skillset effectively lends itself to both public and private sector clients
This is a full-time opportunity located in London, UK.
We have a very exciting opportunity in our Advisory practice for Independent Contractors to participate in audit-related projects. Our contractors play a vital part in Exiger’s work to support the world’s leading financial organizations in meeting the challenges of financial crime compliance, regulation and best practice.
- Using AML, CDD, sanctions and/or ABC expertise, assess the design and operational effectiveness of key financial crime compliance (“FCC”) controls.
- Assess the materiality and impact of implemented controls on the business-as-usual FCC control environment.
- Validate the completion and sustainability of newly implemented processes and controls.
- Make FCC program recommendations based testing results, designed to address key identified risks and root causes of control issues.
Knowledge & Skills
- Possess strong quantitative and qualitative audit and testing skills.
- Ability to effectively develop and execute audit work plans, and produce high-quality work product under strict deadlines.
- Understanding of IT controls and FCC systems such as screening and transaction monitoring systems a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication (written and verbal), numerical, and organisational skills.
- Ability to regularly communicate status (to both internal and external clients).
- Ability to adapt quickly in handling multiple/evolving tasks as a result of new engagements and/or re-prioritized deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Ability to utilize technology to solve complex problems.
- Ability to provide quality assurance.
- Knowledge of the AML, Sanctions and ABC regulatory framework in the UK and the European Union (E.U.) and BSA/AML & OFAC regulations.
- Understanding and use of data analytics a plus.
Professional Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of industry experience as a practitioner and/or consultant in Big 4 or other major consulting firm working in financial, regulatory, and/or FCC services.
- Computer and Internet proficient, with mastery of Microsoft applications required.
- Proficient written and verbal English language skills.
- Ability to travel within the UK, E.U. and E.E.A. area.
At Exiger we work everyday to make the world a safer place to do business in. Our experts and technology help clients prevent breaches, respond to risk, remediate issues and monitor activities. We are searching for people who think creatively to solve complex problems related to governance, risk and compliance thus delivering first class solutions for our corporate and government partners.
Exiger’s core values are courage, excellence, expertise, innovation, integrity, teamwork and trust.
We at Exiger are committed to equal opportunities and diversity. To remain an equal opportunity employer, we intend that no qualified job applicant or employee shall receive less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, color, race, ethnic origin, religion or political belief, disability, or age. There will be equal opportunities in the recruitment, training and development and promotion of employees.