Tech - Software Engineer .Net
New York, NY /
Exiger Tech /
Location: New York, New York
Exiger Tech is an experienced team of software professionals with a wide range of specialties and interests. We make use of big data and natural language processing technologies as well as dealing with day-to-day application development and scaling issues. We utilize agile methodologies, iterate quickly to find solutions, and work together to ensure that the system evolves in a maintainable and performant fashion.
This is a full-time opportunity located in New York, New York.
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our growing Software Engineering team in our NYC office. The Full-Stack Software Engineer role is responsible for building, maintaining, and supporting Exiger's client-facing web applications. The Full-Stack Software Engineer will be working with a growing team of in-house engineers, innovating and expanding on Exiger's web-based product offerings as well as delivering both frontend and backend features/functionality. Ideal candidates have demonstrable experience building highly scalable, secure applications leveraging the ASP.NET MVC and C# stack in a team-based, Agile environment. Candidates should also be open-minded to alternate technologies and platforms and enjoy experimenting with new technologies and stacks.
Candidates will be required to perform a code test or whiteboarding exercise as part of the interview process.
- Design, develop, and test web applications/components using the .NET stack (MVC 5 and C#). You will deliver highly tuned, testable, and optimized application and database code per specifications and be expected to offer alternative approaches when reviewing requirements and stories.
- Collaborate closely with product management, engineering, QA and infrastructure teams throughout all phases of the software and product development lifecycle.
- Work within an Agile/Scrum-based environment and be instrumental in analyzing and breaking Epics/Stories down into smaller, deliverable units of work.
- Take part in Agile grooming, planning and commitment exercises to estimate, commit to and deliver internal and client-facing goals and initiatives.
- Deliver on-time, unit-testable, high-quality systems that meet the specifications of our product management team.
- Stay current on technology and domain trends, frameworks and cutting-edge technology. The candidate will be working with our teams to bring new solutions delivered by technology to the company.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience working with Git and GitHub
- Familiarity with SOA, microservices, message queueing and relational database concepts.
- Familiarity working with or implementing Elasticsearch a plus.
- Familiarity with Knockout.js, jQuery, Bootstrap and/or other client-side frameworks such as AngularJS or React.
- Experience working with third-party RESTful web services and other APIs.
- Experience working with engineering teams using Agile principles.
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively contend with competing priorities.
- Possess strong troubleshooting, code optimization, and refactoring skills.
- Willingness to share opinions and experiences with team and stakeholders regarding technical topics and approaches.
Professional Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field strongly preferred or equivalent in training and experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in full-stack .NET Web Application Development.
- Experience with the following Backend technologies required: C#, ASP.NET MVC, Entity Framework, SQL Server
- Strong proficiency in the following technologies: jQuery, design patterns and RDBMS.
- Experience building global multi-tiered systems with Web-facing aspects.
At Exiger we work everyday to make the world a safer place to do business in. Our experts and technology help clients prevent breaches, respond to risk, remediate issues and monitor activities. We are searching for people who think creatively to solve complex problems related to governance, risk and compliance thus delivering first class solutions for our corporate and government partners.
Exiger’s core values are courage, excellence, expertise, innovation, integrity, teamwork and trust.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.