Bucharest, Romania /
Exiger Advisory /
We have a very exciting opportunity for a KYC Manager to join our growing Exiger Advisory business in Bucharest, Romania. KYC Managers are a vital part of a team that supports the world’s leading financial organizations and corporations in financial crime compliance laws, regulations and best practices. Financial crime compliance (FCC) expands beyond Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Sanctions & Embargoes and includes Anti-Fraud and Investigations, Anti-Bribery & Corruption as well as other criminal offenses affecting a financial organization or corporation.
The Exiger Managing Consultant manages complex assignments, overseeing teams across a diverse range of industries. They work on multiple client assignments, taking responsibility for execution and delivery of client engagements, on time and within budget. As a result, they will develop knowledge and skills in a variety of areas and deliver high quality services. This will include undertaking thorough analysis and research, leading small teams of colleagues responsible for conducting client work, and helping to develop proposals, reports, recommendations and other deliverables.
This role will serve as the most-senior Advisory professional on location and will assist with logistics related launching the Bucharest Advisory group, including recruiting, training and managing a group of six entry-level analysts on a wide range of client engagements. In addition, this role is responsible for scaling the Bucharest Advisory operation through the addition of subsequent Analyst hiring classes, and will serve as the Advisory primary point of contact in Bucharest for leadership in New York and London. This is a management position with growth potential as we scale the Advisory platform in the European market.
- Manage and supervise an initial team of six Analysts
- Perform and supervise the day-to-day activities of projects including interaction with client personnel, team members, and professionals from other firms involved in the engagement.
- Take leading role in managing client engagements, preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties.
- Liaise with key Advisory leadership based in London and New York.
- Maintain industry knowledge and understand clients, both existing and emerging
- Extensive primary and secondary research using a variety of open-source, web-based tools
- Identification of pertinent information and development of useful insights into the subject mastery of research process
- Review and perform quality control checks on Analyst work
- Manage cases and long-term projects
- Demonstrate a commitment to integrity and thoroughness of research
- Coordinate with operations to establish scalable processes and procedures to govern the execution of client work
- Liaise with operations and management to ensure processes are optimized, addressing inefficiencies and process gaps in a timely and thorough manner.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Maintain detailed work-paper records of assumptions, methodologies, and information sources utilized during the performance of all analytical tasks.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong demonstration of people leadership
- Excellent and demonstrated analytical ability
- Strong and demonstrated written communication and editing skills
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, focus on execution of tasks, and adaptability to meet changing priorities.
- Commitment to final deliverables and ability to maintain focus on end goal.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, plan work activities and use time efficiently.
- Experience working with the online information resources commonly used in investigative research (e.g. LexisNexis, Westlaw, Factiva, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with anti-money laundering, sanctions or anti-corruption; audit, accounting, fraud, or white-collar investigations; KYC, transaction monitoring; or eDiscovery
- Ability to adapt quickly in handling multiple / evolving tasks as a result of new engagements and/or re-prioritized deadlines.
- Ability to utilize technology to solve complex problems.
- Experience using technology to solve complex problems or address manual process inefficiencies
- Flexible working schedule and willingness to occasionally attend calls outside of local 9-5pm working hours in order to coordinate with global colleagues and clients
- Even-keeled disposition and polished demeanor
- Ability to collaborate and develop strong and productive working relationships
Professional Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6-8 years of industry experience primarily in a KYC department.
- 3-5 years of experience as a KYC Team Lead or Manager
- Strong demonstration of people leadership
- Advanced analytical and issue resolution ability and problem solving is essential.
- Computer and Internet proficient, with mastery of Microsoft applications required.
- Additional language skills are a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.