Global Shared Services - Legal Intern
New York, NY
Global Shared Services
Location: New York, New York
Exiger has an immediate opportunity for an Intern to join or Legal team. This position is not a summer internship.
This role is ideal for an individual who is eager to learn what in-house counsel does behind the scenes at a fast-growing tech-enabled company. Under the supervision of the legal team, the Legal Intern will receive a variety of work assignments in multiple practice areas, which may include: employment, privacy, marketing, litigation, intellectual property, and more.
The ideal candidate should have a strong desire to learn and contribute to the larger team goals. This job requires someone who is detail-oriented and has excellent communication skills.
This position will be an approximate of 12 weeks with the possibility of extension.
- Partner with the Legal team and interact with internal stakeholders on multiple projects.
- Perform and summarize occasional legal research .
- Assist the Legal team with drafting/negotiation of contracts and contract management.
- Assist the Legal team in responding to queries from internal and external parties.
- Learn about corporate compliance best practices.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and an impactful presentation style.
- A high degree of customer focus, business acumen, and professionalism.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and teamwork skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Professional Experience Required
- Good standing as a law student at an ABA accredited U.S. law school
- Demonstrated academic excellence and leadership ability
- Interest in tech sector and/or have some interest or experience in the management consulting, payroll/benefits, and/or privacy areas
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Attention to detail and willingness to get in the weeds of support to resolve issues
- Enjoys entrepreneurial environments and wants to help build something meaningful
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.