Advisory Services - Project based, FCC - Data Analytics Expert (EMEA)
London, UK /
IC - Advisory /
Job Location: London, UK
Exiger Advisory is a diverse team of seasoned multi-disciplinary professionals that advises the world’s leading financial organizations in financial crime compliance laws, regulations, and best practices. Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) expands beyond Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Sanctions & Embargoes and includes Anti-Fraud, Anti-Bribery & Corruptions as well as other criminal offenses affecting a financial organization. Our unparalleled skillset effectively lends itself to both public and private sector clients
This is a full-time opportunity located in London, UK.
Exiger Advisory teams collate, review and analyze large and disparate datasets to detect issues and anomalies and report on its findings. It designs and builds innovative solutions to compliance and risk issues in the financial crime and regulatory fields, while providing specialist services to large and complex data-driven projects throughout the wider firm.
We have a very exciting opportunity for Independent Contractors to join on a project basis to our Advisory engagements. Projects vary in length from 3-6 months. There is opportunity to roll into multiple project based engagements. International travel is required to perform the work.
Your role will include supporting client projects, and you will enjoy working directly with clients to understand the challenges they face and design, propose and deliver solutions that address them.
- Scoping and supporting the delivery of analytical work.
- Management and quality control of development and analysis work streams in a wide range of project contexts.
- Evaluating new technologies to expand the scope of the team’s work and improve its efficiency.
- Documenting your analysis in a comprehensive manner such that it can be shared with clients.
Knowledge & Skills
- Intermediate to advanced level experience in SQL.
- Advanced in Excel.
- Data analysis experience including use of relevant software (e.g. R, VBA, Hadoop, Hive, Neo4J, i2, ibase).
- Reporting and data visualization tools (e.g. Microsoft SSRS, Tableau, Qlikview).
- Some scripting or programming knowledge (e.g. C#, VB.net, Java, Python).
- Experience working on projects for external clients.
- Understanding of the financial services industry.
- Model Validation and/or aggressive testing experience.
- Proven quantitative, analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Questioning mind set.
Professional Experience Required
- 5-6 years experience in a related field.
- Experience in financial services.
- Education to degree level or equivalent experience, ideally acquired in a technical or quantitative discipline.
- Experience working with payment and customer screening systems.
- Experience in financial institutions working on anti-money laundering and transaction monitoring systems.
- Relevant postgraduate or professional qualifications.
- The ability to independently query, analyse and interpret data from a wide variety of information systems.
- A desire to understand business problems and to evaluate the results of your work in a business context.
- Communication skills that you can adapt to technical and non-technical audiences.
- The availability and willingness to travel based on client needs and business objectives.
At Exiger we work everyday to make the world a safer place to do business in. Our experts and technology help clients prevent breaches, respond to risk, remediate issues and monitor activities. We are searching for people who think creatively to solve complex problems related to governance, risk and compliance thus delivering first class solutions for our corporate and government partners.
Exiger’s core values are courage, excellence, expertise, innovation, integrity, teamwork and trust.
We at Exiger are committed to equal opportunities and diversity. To remain an equal opportunity employer, we intend that no qualified job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion or political belief, disability or age. There will be equal opportunities in the recruitment, training and development and promotion of employees.