Exiger Federal Solutions- Application Support Specialist
Tysons Corner, Virginia /
Government Services – Federal Government Services /
Location: Tysons Corner
Exiger experts and technology help clients prevent breaches, respond to risk, remediate issues and monitor activities. We are searching for people who think creatively to solve complex problems, thus delivering first class solutions for our government partners. This corporate attitude ensures that we hire exceptional individuals who put the customer mission first enabling us to constantly recognize and reward our employees for outstanding job performance.
This is a full-time opportunity located in Tysons Corner, VA.
The Application Support Specialist provides world-class service to our software-as-a-service clients, as well as to our in-house staff. The position ensures clients and employees have ongoing technical support, and help with troubleshooting and analyzing issues. Our Application Support Specialist will provide technical support during the pre-sale period and assist the sales team by answering technical questions on our products. They will also provide on-going support to all clients, partners and team members when required. This position requires an outgoing, confident individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills; and advanced computer skills. They need to be able to handle all support request types including emails, calls and in-person inquiries. They will provide the best technical support to anyone who may require it. They will work hard and thrive in a fast paced, growing and challenging environment.
- Develop an extensive working knowledge of the product suite.
- Provide end-user application support via phone, email and in-person.
- Coordinate and validate new implementations and upgrades
- Coordinate and prioritize support requests.
- Facilitate problem-solving between end-user and development staff.
- Participate with development staff in testing new releases of the product.
- Develop working relationships with sales staff to utilize product knowledge and leverage customer relationships for sales support.
- Analyze and troubleshoot problems effectively while minimizing response time.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through end to end support solutions.
- Identify escalation situations and follow appropriate escalation procedures.
- Keep end-users up to date throughout the resolution process.
- Take ownership of support issues until final resolution.
- Set up and manage business laptops and software.
- Assist with the Technical Operations team with server support.
- Occasionally participate in rotational shift coverage, with advanced notice.
Professional Experience Required
- At least four years of application support experience in a technical support environment (startup and/or small team experience a big plus).
- At least two years experience with Unix/Linux Operating Systems and scripting languages – Bash and Perl.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to work in a team environment but at the same time, be self-motivated.
- Able to multitask while balancing competing priorities.
- Able to complete product demonstrations and end-user training sessions in a client facing environment.
- Previous experience with service desk software (Zendesk, ServiceNow, Jitbit, Desk.com, etc).
- Previous experience with JIRA application.
At Exiger we work everyday to make the world a safer place to do business in. Our experts and technology help clients prevent breaches, respond to risk, remediate issues and monitor activities. We are searching for people who think creatively to solve complex problems related to governance, risk and compliance thus delivering first class solutions for our corporate and government partners.
Exiger’s core values are courage, excellence, expertise, innovation, integrity, teamwork and trust.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.