Advisory - Managing Consultant, Model Validation & Data Analytics
New York, NY /
Exiger Advisory /
Job Location: New York, NY
The Exiger Analytics team collates, reviews and analyses disparate datasets related to financial crime (primarily Transaction Monitoring and Sanctions Screening) to detect issues and anomalies and report on its findings. It designs and builds innovative solutions to compliance and risk issues in the financial crime and regulatory fields, while providing specialist services to large and complex data-driven projects throughout the wider firm.
Ideal candidates have a novel and sophisticated analytical and technology-driven approach. This role will include working directly with clients to understand the challenges they face; to help them better understand whether their technical controls are functioning properly; and to help design, propose and deliver solutions that address risk gaps or other needed enhancements for their systems. As a managing consultant you will be expected to manage the execution of multiple simultaneous client engagements, including overseeing small execution teams in performing the assignments, report writing, tracking the project budget, and reporting to internal and external stakeholders on the status and challenges encountered by the team.
- Delivery of analytical work on a wide range of cases. Team members are expected to provide high quality work-product as needed while also providing insights and recommendations to other team members;
- Types of work include, but are not limited to:
- Data lineage assessments;
- Transaction Monitoring Tuning and Optimization work;
- Sanctions Screening functionality assessments;
- Systems coverage assessments;
- Model Validations for Financial Crime related systems;
- Data quality and data governance analysis including identification of critical data elements, and measurements of data quality at different points on the data journey.
- Leveraging skills and experience to support the development of proposals and marketing propositions;
- Evaluating new technologies to expand the scope of the team’s work and improve its efficiency;
- Contributing to the firm’s talent agenda and helping to create a more inclusive culture;
Opportunity & Engagements
- Compliance Program Assessments, AML Transaction Analysis (Look Back), AML Know Your Customer Due Diligence, AML Enterprise-Wide and Customer Risk Assessments, AML and Sanctions Independent Testing and AML Technology Consulting;
- Design, review, enhancement, implementation, and monitoring of numerous anti-money laundering, sanctions, fraud, market abuse and insider trading detection compliance programs for clients around the world;
- Engagements may include assessing AML risk at the enterprise and business unit level, compliance assessments, transaction monitoring "look backs" pursuant to regulatory orders, Know Your Customer (“KYC”) remediations, internal controls assessments, internal investigations, and independent testing;
Knowledge & Skills
- Data analytics, pattern analysis, assessment reviews and anomaly detection;
- Model Validation;
- Intermediate level experience in SQL;
- Strong Microsoft Office, especially Excel skills;
- Data analysis experience including use of relevant software (e.g. R, Python, VBA, etc.);
- Reporting and data visualization tools (e.g. Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, Qlikview, Excel);
- Experience working on projects for external clients;
- Understanding of the financial services industry;
- Experience with off-the-shelf financial crime solutions is nice to have (e.g. Fircosoft, Actimize, PRIME BSA, PRIME OFAC, Oracle Watchlist Screening (OWS) and Bridger Insight XG).
- Report writing that can withstand regulatory scrutiny and clearly expresses technical concepts, including the impact of identified gaps.
- Proposal development based on either requirements gathering meetings or formal RFPs.
Professional Experience Required
- Education to master’s degree level or equivalent experience, ideally acquired in a technical or quantitative discipline;
- Proven quantitative, analytical and problem-solving capabilities;
- Ability to develop test plan’s based on client requirements, and execute on the test plans despite obstacles;
- The ability to independently query, analyze and interpret data from a wide variety of information systems;
- A desire to understand business problems and to evaluate the results of your work in a business context;
- Communication skills that you can adapt to technical and non-technical audiences;
- The availability and willingness to travel based on client needs and business objectives.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in relevant consulting role or within a financial institution is desired, but strong candidates at any experience level will be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.