Diligence - Research Associate (Russian,Turkish, Hebrew, Portuguese)
Bucharest, Romania /
Exiger Diligence /
Job Location: Bucharest, Romania
Exiger Diligence focuses on due diligence research for a variety of clients using a wide range of research tools to gather risk and compliance intelligence on individuals and companies.
The research is then analyzed and developed into a narrative report, which is used by clients to understand the general background of the subject, assess the subject’s legitimacy and reputation, and inform strategic decision-making.
This is a full-time opportunity located in Bucharest, Romania.
Research Associates are creative and inquisitive. They use a wide range of research tools to gather risk and compliance intelligence on individuals and companies. Research Associates work both independently and collaboratively on research and reports for a variety of domestic and international clients.
Please submit an English version of your resume to be considered for our Research Associate role!
- Work with a growing team to research and investigate cases using a combination of transactional information, customer due diligence, case management system information, web-based compliance tools and open source searches.
- Apply diligence in reviewing files and data to identify deficiencies, discrepancies, and omissions.
- Review negative news, sanctions, and/or Politically Exposed Persons (PEP) alerts.
- Investigate and/or escalate any identified risk factors.
- Exercise independence in recommending cases for escalation or closure.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues and clients.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Solid communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Ability to deliver high quality work in a fast-paced, high volume environment with strict deadlines.
- Team player with high level of initiative and a proactive approach to work.
- Ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently; takes ownership of tasks and follow up to ensure that they are successfully brought to completion.
- Ability to utilize technology to solve problems.
Professional Experience Required
- Proficient written and verbal English language skills.
- Bachelor's Degree required;
- 0-2 years of professional experience.
- Any other European language is considered an advantage.
- Keen interest in the banking and financial services sector and regulations, current events and international affairs.
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement and learning, with an openness to receiving feedback and training.
- Portuguese, Russian, Turkish, Hebrew, Korean skills represent an Advantage
At Exiger we work everyday to make the world a safer place to do business in. Our experts and technology help clients prevent breaches, respond to risk, remediate issues and monitor activities. We are searching for people who think creatively to solve complex problems related to governance, risk and compliance thus delivering first class solutions for our corporate and government partners.
Exiger’s core values are courage, excellence, expertise, innovation, integrity, teamwork and trust.
We at Exiger are committed to equal opportunities and diversity. To remain an equal opportunity employer, we intend that no qualified job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion or political belief, disability or age. There will be equal opportunities in the recruitment, training and development and promotion of employees.