Structural Design (Part Time)
Los Angeles Area, CA /
Exosonic is a startup developing a quiet supersonic airliner to advance supersonic travel around the world without restrictions on overland flight. This means giving travelers the opportunity to travel from places like San Francisco to New York in only three hours, and making intercontinental travel possible in a day trip. In doing this, we are focused on building a sustainable future that everyone can take part in. Our small team includes experts with many years of aircraft development experience across several programs.
We are seeking a part time structural design engineer to assist in the conceptual design of this aircraft and related projects. Hours are flexible and at the level of 25-50% time, with the possibility of full time employment as the company expands.
We are currently a fully remote team, but we will establish an office in the Los Angeles area when conditions allow. Ample time will be provided for relocation.
- Develop structural arrangements for novel aircraft configurations
- Define load cases to be passed along for use in structural analysis
- Support configuration trade studies
- Identify simulation and analysis needs from input disciplines
- Clearly document findings and succinctly communicate them
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Typical candidates for this position will have at least 10 years of experience in related roles
- U.S. person status (work requires access to export controlled tools and information)
- Experience designing structural arrangements for aircraft configurations
- Experience defining load cases for use in structural analysis
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with FEA-based structural analysis including flutter prediction
- Experience with software development in languages such as Julia, Python, C++