Mass Properties (Part Time)
Los Angeles Area, CA /
Exosonic is a startup developing a quiet supersonic airliner to advance supersonic travel around the world without restrictions on overland flight. This means giving travelers the opportunity to travel from places like San Francisco to New York in only three hours, and making intercontinental travel possible in a day trip. In doing this, we are focused on building a sustainable future that everyone can take part in. Our small team includes experts with many years of aircraft development experience across several programs.
We are seeking a part time mass properties engineer to assist in the conceptual design of this vehicle and related projects. Hours are flexible and at the level of 25-50% time, with the possibility of full time employment as the company expands.
We are currently a fully remote team, but we will establish an office in the Los Angeles area when conditions allow. Ample time will be provided for relocation.
- Estimate mass, position, and moments and products of inertia for various components
- Prepare reports on weight breakdowns and fidelity levels of estimates
- Drive efforts to reduce weight through accounting and interfacing with other disciplines
- Provide guidance to other team members in estimating mass properties
- Support novel supersonic configuration trade studies
- Clearly document findings and succinctly communicate them
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Typical candidates for this position will have at least 10 years of experience in related roles
- U.S. person status (work requires access to export controlled tools and information)
- Experience analyzing mass properties of full aircraft configurations
- Experience supporting configuration development and trades
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with software development in languages such as Julia, Python, or C++
- Experience working with suppliers to estimate subsystem properties