Sr. DevOps Engineer - (Remote)
Austin, TX /
Technology – IT /
eXp Realty is one of the fastest growing real estate brands in North America, with thousands of agents operating across the United States, Canada and around the world. As a full-service real estate brokerage, eXp Realty provides 24/7 access to collaborative tools, training and socialization for real estate brokers and agents through its 3-D, fully-immersive, cloud office environment.
eXp Realty attracts the most talented people from all fields. Whether you're a real estate professional, engineer, marketer, accountant or another field, you'll be challenged and inspired every day. Join us on this incredible journey!
We are fully remote!
This role is for a high-performing, hands-on DevOps engineer committed to the practices required to support critical customer-facing platforms requiring consistent uptime while driving continuous improvement and innovation.
Participate in small-team initiatives to continuously refine our deployment practices for improved reliability, repeatability, and security. You will create plans, collaborate with other DevOps team members, and coordinate with engineering and business teams. These high-visibility initiatives will help to increase service levels, lower costs, and deliver features more quickly.
Design effective monitoring / alerting (for conditions such as application-errors, high memory usage) and log aggregation approaches (to quickly access logs for troubleshooting, or generate reports for trend analysis) to proactively notify business stakeholders of issues and communicate metrics, working closely with these stakeholders.
Your focus will be:
Ownership, architecture, and management of AWS infrastructure components such as VPCs, EC2, S3, CloudFormation, etc.
Owning the technical design, and implementation of the automation technologies required for deploying, maintaining and operating platform infrastructure.
Creating the policies and procedures for properly supporting our rapidly growing microservice architecture.
- Deployment and management automation of cloud-based infrastructure and software
- Working with configuration management tools - Cloudformation, Terraform, Salt, Ansible, Chef
- Ensuring cloud-based architectures meet availability and recoverability requirements
- Implementation of cloud-based monitoring, and alerting
- Find scalability bottlenecks and areas for performance improvements
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for the company; scope and create automation for deployment, management, and visibility of our services
- Active monitoring of risks to site SLAs and overall delivery.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering
- MBA or advanced degree highly desired
- 2+ years of experience managing AWS infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience with technical operations and software development
- Experience with one configuration management tool i.e Cloudformation, Terraform, Salt, Ansible, Chef
- Monitoring / alerting tools such as New Relic, Site24x7, Pagerduty, etc.
- Experience with log aggregation tools such as Sumologic, FluentD, Scribe, Splunk
- Skills & Abilities:
- Solid understanding/experience of web services, databases and relating infrastructure/architectures
- Solid understanding of backup/restore best practices
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or any other public cloud
- Release software through tooling (git, Jenkins, custom scripts, Docker)
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills
- Experience supporting an enterprise-level SaaS environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication, and documentation skills
- Security experience a plus
- Excellent collaboration skills across Development and Operations
- Can Do attitude with a penchant for getting things done
- Real estate agents and brokers
- Vendor sales, business development, and development resources
- Internal and external development resources
- Working in an evolving and virtual environment (remote management)
- Working with a number of stakeholders and business units, and across multiple time zones, countries, and teams
- Internal marketing, support, and management teams
Contact with Others:
This role will require considerable interactions each day working directly with:
eXp Realty is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability or any other characteristic protected by law.