Broker in Charge - Charlotte, NC (REMOTE in Charlotte)
Charlotte, NC /
Brokerage Operations – Brokers /
eXp Realty is one of the fastest growing real estate brands in North America, with thousands of agents operating across the United States, Canada and around the world. As a full-service real estate brokerage, eXp Realty provides 24/7 access to collaborative tools, training and socialization for real estate brokers and agents through its 3-D, fully-immersive, cloud office environment.
eXp Realty attracts the most talented people from all fields. Whether you're a real estate professional, engineer, marketer, accountant or another field, you'll be challenged and inspired every day. Join us on this incredible journey!
We are fully remote!
The Managing Broker will be responsible for supporting the Designated Managing Broker in the successful administration of eXp Realty brokerage operations in their state. In supporting our agents in the delivery of exceptional real estate brokerage service to their clients, this position will be assisting in all operational elements necessary to comply with the individual state license law, REALTOR association membership and MLS participation, along with the transaction review process, compliance training, and the eXp Risk Management program. This person will have an exceptional track record as a supervising real estate broker of a small to medium firm, an understanding of real estate brokerage at a state level, a collaborative approach and a boundless work ethic. They must be a “people-person” but also possess the ability to implement systems and processes.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- As a participant on the eXp Realty state leadership team, the Managing Broker ensures that eXp delivers exceptional brokerage support to agents in their representation of clients and customers
- Conducts training to enhance agent’s knowledge and understanding of contract, risk management, licensing and state real estate law
- Promptly responds to agents request for assistance
- Effectively consults and engages with eXp agents and others in problem solving of matters associated with difficult or complex transaction issues
- Performs contract review to ensure legal and contractual compliance of transactions
- Supports the implementation of the eXp Risk Management Program and valued risk management tools to eXp Agents
- Assist the ongoing enhancement of and compliance with company-wide and individual state brokerage operations manuals
- Supports innovation in how the company can efficiently support its growing state agent base in terms of brokerage operations
- Coordinates distribution of inbound mail
- Such other duties as may be assigned
- BA/AA strongly preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Holds an active real estate broker license with continuing education credits in real estate, management and legal compliance
- Must have managed at least 50+ agents at a given time
- MUST BE LICENSED AS A BIC IN NC & SC
- A keen interest in and high level of experience in real estate compliance activities including a deep knowledge and understanding of legal obligations of real estate professionals under the state and federal law, Department of Commerce Rules & Regulations, Department of Housing and Urban Development, the NAR Code of Ethics and MLS Rules and Regulations
- Proven track record of managing a small to medium brokerage firm, specifically from an operations or compliance perspective
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills across all levels of the organization
- Highly collaborative and capable of working with internal partners to facilitate successful results
- Ability to make quick decisions and solve problems using good judgment
- Skyslope experience strongly preferred
- Possess the highest degree of integrity
- Willingness and ability to travel within the state
- Member of the National Association of REALTORS (NAR)
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. eXp Realty reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
eXp Realty is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability or any other characteristic protected by law.