Senior Brand Manager
Los Angeles, CA /
Exploding Kittens is a leading game and entertainment company with a mission to inspire people to connect, laugh, and play fun games in the physical world. After initially seeking to raise $10k through Kickstarter, Exploding Kittens’ campaign raised $8.7M in 30 days from 219,000 backers. To date, Exploding Kittens is the #1 most-backed project in Kickstarter history and the company has sold over 11 million games.
Started by former Xbox game designer Elan Lee and The Oatmeal’s founder Matt Inman, Exploding Kittens and its family of games recreates game night for a humorous and fun person-to-person experience. Today, there are seven games available for purchase: Exploding Kittens, Bears vs Babies, You’ve Got Crabs, Throw Throw Burrito, Throw Throw Burrito: Extreme, On a Scale of One to T-Rex, and Poetry for Neanderthals, as well as an Exploding Kittens mobile app that is one of the top 30 premium games on both iOS and Android.
At Exploding Kittens, the Marketing team is responsible for driving the strategy and execution of go-to-market plans and marketing & advertising campaigns for all product releases. The Senior Brand Manager will set the long-term strategic marketing plan for key releases, identifying consumer and retailer trends and insights and translate those insights into new product concepts, multi-channel marketing plans and strong packaging. A successful candidate must have a passion for our mission, games, and technology; be a strategic and creative thinker; have recent experience building and developing brands; and expertise managing large-scale marketing campaigns. You will bring fresh ideas, a strong point of view, and an entrepreneurial spirit. This position will report directly to the VP of Marketing.
HOW YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE:
- Lead new product launches from conception through execution---collaborating, managing and effectively communicating cross functionally with product development, Creative, PR, Sales, Finance, and external agencies to deliver compelling marketing initiatives that deliver against the company’s brand and business objectives.
- Develop and/or evolve a brand’s position, target audience, values, brand pillars and USPs. Collaborate to create brand bibles that provide overall brand direction and creative feedback to our internal and external partners on the consumer facing expression of the brand.
- Gather customer insights and data points to create and produce marketing plans that effectively set objectives, key messaging, positioning, and identify target audiences.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing analytics to monitor category performance across ecommerce and brick-and-mortar retailers. Analyze sales volumes, market share trends and competitive activity.
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications team to build creative and innovative campaign strategies that integrate mass-media, social media, other promotional activities and tactics that engage target audiences.
- Own campaign goals and performance metrics; monitor regularly to optimize and understand effectiveness of strategy and creative---providing timely and thoughtful recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborate with in-house and external resources to develop an on-going measurement and optimization plan for all non-direct response marketing activities
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Self-starter who thrives in a diverse, dynamic, entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and agile culture—someone who embraces and leads through change and ambiguity.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills. Knows how to influence, inspire, and motivate working teams and agencies.
- Innovative strategy and creative thought-partner who will question the status quo with the intention to do right by our product and players, and help drive our games business forward.
- A friendly-team player with a positive attitude, and ability to take and give feedback (no egos).
WHAT WE NEED:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field; MBA preferred
- 6+ years of marketing experience in Consumer Products, Entertainment, Games, or related industries.
- Highly strategic with sharp project management, problem-solving, organizational and analytical thinking skillsExperience managing creative, media, and research agencies.
- Demonstrated ability of developing go-to-market plans and large scale marketing campaigns for highly visible brands and/or product launches.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written to clearly convey market dynamics, strategies, tactics, rationale and results, to peers, agency and executive stakeholders. A powerpoint/Keynote guru! A demonstrated track record of building consensus and delivering results.
- Lead with vision, respect, reliability, and enthusiasm.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Company paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your familyFlexible spending account options (medical, dependent care, transit)
- 401k with company matching
- Flexible paid vacation
- Monthly wellness benefit + complimentary wellness subscriptions
- Complimentary lunches on Fridays (where we play games together!)
- Based in Los Angeles (though currently WFH until 2021)
Please apply directly at jobs.lever.co/explodingkittens. Make sure to include a PDF of your current resume along with a cover letter.