Art Department Project Manager
Los Angeles, CA /
Creative Development /
Exploding Kittens is a leading game and entertainment company with a mission to inspire people to connect, laugh, and play fun games in the physical world. After initially seeking to raise $10k through Kickstarter, Exploding Kittens’ campaign raised $8.7M in 30 days from 219,000 backers. To date, Exploding Kittens is the #1 most-backed project in Kickstarter history and the company has sold over 11 million games.
Started by former Xbox game designer Elan Lee and The Oatmeal’s founder Matt Inman, Exploding Kittens and its family of games recreates game night for a humorous and fun person-to-person experience. Today, there are seven games available for purchase: Exploding Kittens, Bears vs Babies, You’ve Got Crabs, Throw Throw Burrito, Throw Throw Burrito: Extreme, On a Scale of One to T-Rex, and Poetry for Neanderthals, as well as an Exploding Kittens mobile app that is one of the top 30 premium games on both iOS and Android.
At Exploding Kittens, the Art Team is responsible for creating exceptional art for our growing games portfolio along with art assets for marketing and promotional content. At any given time, there are multiple projects in the works with tight and sometimes moving deadlines. In order to ensure the success of the art team, we are seeking to hire a full-time Project Manager to improve project efficiency and optimize workflows. In this role you will be responsible for the management of all projects assigned to the Art Department, ensuring on-time delivery, while meeting scope and budget requirements. You will oversee projects through all stages of development including scope, scheduling, workflow, task-management, feedback tracking, quality control and delivery.
HOW YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE:
- Ensure that all projects assigned to the Art Department are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress, ensure resource availability and allocation, manage changes to project scope or schedule and drive the team to meet milestones and deadlines
- Track project performance to measure success, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Document and follow-up on important actions and decisions from project meetings and develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to organize needs and tasks
- Work closely with the Art Director to delegate project tasks based on team members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Establish and maintain 3rd party vendor relationships and manage outsourcing needs
- Perform quality control throughout the project lifecycle to maintain quality standards as expected; report and escalate issues to management as needed
- Audit the current project management software solution and make recommendations for improvement; implement new software solutions
- Improve quality results by studying, evaluating and redesigning project management processes, and help to develop strategies to improve workflows and optimize department efficiencies
- Own and organize the Art Department files, and be the go-to source for all requests for information and access
WHAT WE NEED:
- 5 years demonstrated experience as a project manager in consumer packaged goods, creative or entertainment
- Experience using project management software and a deep understanding of project management methodologies, such as Scrum and Agile
- Strong people management skills and experience managing a small team
- Ability to work on tight deadlines, make important decisions under pressure, and shift focus between multiple time sensitive projects
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, time management skills and familiarity with calendar management and goal setting techniques
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written; strong presentation skills
- Competency in relevant software such as Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, PowerPoint and Excel
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Company paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible spending account options (medical, dependent care, transit)
- 401k with company matching
- Flexible paid vacation
- Monthly wellness benefit + complimentary wellness subscriptions
- Complimentary lunches on Fridays (where we play games together!)
Please apply directly at jobs.lever.co/explodingkittens. Make sure to include a PDF of your current resume along with a cover letter.