Contract Product Manager
Los Angeles, CA /
Creative Development /
Exploding Kittens is a leading game and entertainment company with a mission to inspire people to connect, laugh, and play fun games in the physical world. After initially seeking to raise $10k through Kickstarter, Exploding Kittens’ campaign raised $8.7M in 30 days from 219,000 backers. To date, Exploding Kittens is the #1 most-backed project in Kickstarter history and the company has sold over 11 million games.
Started by former Xbox game designer Elan Lee and The Oatmeal’s founder Matt Inman, Exploding Kittens and its family of games recreates game night for a humorous and fun person-to-person experience. Today, there are seven games available for purchase: Exploding Kittens, Bears vs Babies, You’ve Got Crabs, Throw Throw Burrito, Throw Throw Burrito: Extreme, On a Scale of One to T-Rex, and Poetry for Neanderthals, as well as an Exploding Kittens mobile app that is one of the top 30 premium games on both iOS and Android.
Exploding Kittens is seeking to hire a contract Product Manager. In this engagement your core responsibility will be to oversee the design and launch of our upcoming remote play testing program, Kittens Test Pilots. You will manage all stages of the project from prototype to launch, responsible for the program design, staffing plan, schedule and budget.
Our ideal contractor is an experienced product manager comfortable working with a small team in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment. We are looking for someone with experience in physical game testing, user experience and game design, preferably at a start-up. Extreme attention to detail is a must, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Create the foundational documents for the project including program design, budget, staffing plan and schedule
- Develop a detailed project plan, monitor and track progress and ensure the project is delivered on-time, within scope and budget
- Manage through changes to the project scope, schedule and costs in an organized and timely manner
- Manage budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on continuous financial analysis
- Develop project spreadsheets and manage project management software throughout the process
- Create a plan for customer communication, support and motivation within the program
- Organize and lead regular meetings with key stakeholders to communicate project progress
- 3+ years demonstrated experience as a product or project manager, overseeing the successful launch of a product
- Experience in user experience, physical game design and ideally, game design
- Appetite for working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with the ability to work on tight deadlines and shift focus when needed
- Exceptional organizational skills, extreme attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using project management software and other relevant software such as Google Suite and Excel
Please apply directly at jobs.lever.co/explodingkittens. Make sure to include a PDF of your current resume along with a cover letter.