Software Engineer - Autonomous Vehicle Infrastructure
San Francisco, CA
Full - Time
Imagine taking autonomous vehicle technology from ‘100 vehicles in a couple of geo-fenced regions’ to ‘1 million vehicles across 100+ cities’. A major bottleneck towards realizing this is in large-scale multi-modal mapping. Maps are a composite of relevant prior information: high-resolution scans of the ground surface, geometric data accurate to the centimeter, driving-logs and accurately labelled environmental elements (such as lane markers, crosswalks and signs).
Explorer.ai is a young company - started in Aug 2017; and has very quickly started working with 10+ autonomous vehicle teams on their mapping challenges. We are looking for really smart software engineers who want to enable the future of autonomous vehicles across the world. You must have experience in building large scale systems that are reliable and maintainable.
- Build secure, low-latency, high-throughput systems to process large volumes of data.
- Solve problems at the intersection of robotics and large scale computing systems.
Skills we are looking for:
- Passionate about building large-scale distributed systems in the cloud. Working knowledge of *nix systems and computer networking.
- Track record in successfully addressing performance, scalability and latency challenges for distributed systems.
- Experience deploying and scaling high-traffic services in the cloud (AWS/EC2, Google).
- Strong understanding of large scale data processing.
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Cassandra, and large scale Spark deployments.
- Understanding of deployment strategies like Kubernetes, Mesos, Chef, Puppet, BOSH.
- Knowledge of machine learning would be helpful but is not necessary.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
The data is incontrovertible that diversity leads to higher quality innovation. Consequently, we actively encourage people of all gender, backgrounds and experiences to apply.