Senior Growth Marketer
Remote (US) /
We're Expo, and we're making the specialized, slow, and measured world of mobile development look more like the web.
Expo (expo.io) was founded by Charlie Cheever (Quora cofounder) and James Ide (YC S16) and is well-funded by top investors in Silicon Valley, including Jessica Livingston, Paul Graham, a_capital and Graph Ventures. Over 50 million people use apps built with Expo each month, with a growth rate over 2x in 2020.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Expo and help build its growth roadmap. The ideal candidate is comfortable owning the problem and navigating uncertainty, is data-driven, has excellent communication skills, and likes to learn about how technical products work. This is a leadership role that will work directly with our CEO and growth team to develop and execute our growth strategy.
What You'll Do
- Create Expo's marketing strategy to grow Expo’s new users and revenue exponentially
- Propose and own creative new growth initiatives, prioritize them using data and user research, design and execute low-cost experiments, rigorously monitor results, and scale successful initiatives
- Manage multiple external agencies and freelancers to support growth initiatives (i.e. SEO, video, influencers, email, etc.)
- Generate data-driven hypotheses, create forecasts, and run A/B tests to validate and scale growth initiatives
- Enforce Expo's brand voice across all channels you manage
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Design, and Engineering to meet ambitious growth targets
Who You Are
- 2+ years of growth experience at a technology company, ideally a startup
- Track record of owning, running, and scaling growth initiatives
- Excited about Expo’s mission to democratize mobile development
- Demonstrated passion for building community
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Intellectual curiosity and flexibility to adapt to challenging work
- Experience working with developer tools and acquiring developer users
- Experience working at an early stage startup
- Experience distilling complex concepts into easy to understand terms
- Web development, scripting or general programming skills
- Comfort working with design software like Figma