Talent Acquisition SLP Lead (WFH/Remote)
West Coast /
Clinical – SLP Hourly /
Expressable is a virtual speech therapy practice committed to expanding access to critical services for the 40M people in the United States with a communication disorder. In response to a strong body of research proving that parent interventions are the most effective way to improve pediatric outcomes, Expressable has pioneered a technology-enabled care model focused on helping parents integrate speech therapy techniques into their child’s daily lives.
Will you join us?
We are committed to offering speech-language pathologists an unmatched working experience. If you have a flexible, growth-oriented mindset, are committed to clinical excellence, and truly want to improve access to speech therapy, join Expressable’s exciting community of industry-leading professionals today!
The Talent Acquisition SLP Lead is responsible for facilitating the recruitment and onboarding processes for our speech therapy team while also providing clinical support services as an SLP. As an SLP, this position is responsible for assessing, diagnosing, and treating communication issues by utilizing Expressable’s clinical model of teletherapy and caregiver education and support.
Our current need is for SLPs with a background in talent acquisition and/or onboarding, preferably located in PST time zone or willing to work PST hours including afternoons and evenings. This position will have a flexible direct hour target (minimum 15 direct hours/week) for full-time (40 hours/week).
A Day in the Life of an Expressable Talent Acquisition SLP Lead
- Conduct recruitment activities such as passive sourcing, active sourcing, screening resumes, conducting initial phone screens, and scheduling interviews.
- Employ recruitment strategies to attract and retain top talent with an emphasis on continuous improvement of the SLP candidate experience.
- Assist in preboarding and onboarding processes for new speech therapy team members, including SLP onboarding data collection, internal/external resource coordination, and assisting in scheduling orientations and training sessions while ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Conduct and provide speech therapy sessions and evaluations with a variety of populations that align with the therapist’s clinical competency areas.
- Diagnose, treat, and develop care plans for clients with the support of Expressable tools and resources
- Focus on client retention/outcomes, client/caregiver buy-in, and education.
- Broaden scope of practice using Expressable resources and support.
- Complete all assigned Expressable training, learning, and development modules.
- Execute all clinical responsibilities such as client communication, consultations, screenings, and documentation
- Manage calendar and schedule to ensure punctuality and productivity.
What We Look for in an Expressable SLP
- ASHA Certified/Certificate of Clinical Competence
- Full licensure in your state of residence, allowing independent clinical practice. Expressable SLPs only work with clients in the state(s) where they are licensed and are allowed to practice independently.
- Minimum of 1 year of Post-Clinical Fellowship experience; experience in pediatric and/or school-based settings as well as experience in conducting pediatric assessments
- Expressable SLPs are expected to support the following areas of Clinical Competency: Pediatric Articulation/Phonology, Pediatric Mixed Language, Early Language, Pediatric Fluency, Pediatric Pragmatics, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Adult Articulation, Adult Fluency, Adult Language, Adult Pragmatics, Dysarthria, Aphasia, TBI, Executive Functioning, Acquired Apraxia, Public/Professional Speaking
- Individual NPI number
- Reliable internet connection
What Makes Expressable a Great Place to Work as an SLP
- Competitive total compensation packages (W2 employment)
- Flexibility and competitive bonus opportunity for availability in high-demand hours
- Use custom-built technology (by Expressable, for Expressable!) that streamlines administrative burdens that allow you to focus on what matters most: therapy!
- Join an active and supportive community of therapists and grow your practice and skillset through clinically-focused monthly grand rounds, clinical Subject Matter Expert Groups, company-paid licensing and credentialing service, corporate stretch opportunities
- Exceptional paid time off policies that encourage and support life balance
- 401k matching to ensure our staff have what they need to enjoy their retirement
- Health insurance options that ensure well-being for the whole person and their family
- Company Provided Hardware
- Employee-Led Culture Committees