Medical Billing Coordinator
United States, Remote /
Marketing – Intake and Consultation /
$18 - $22 per hour
Expressable is a virtual speech therapy practice on a mission to transform care delivery and expand access to high-quality services, serving thousands of clients since our inception in late 2019. We are passionate advocates of parent-focused intervention. Our e-learning platform contains thousands of home-based learning modules authored by our clinical team, helping SLPs empower caregivers to integrate speech therapy techniques into their child’s daily life and improve outcomes. Our mission is to set a new standard in speech therapy by making every caregiver a champion of their loved one’s success. We envision a world where everyone can fulfill their communication potential.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Medical Billing Coordinator who takes pride in attention to detail to join our growing team. You will be responsible for the accurate submission of claims, confirming eligibility of ICD-10 codes, researching and refiling denied/rejected claims, invoicing, and collecting accounts receivable and patient payments.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
What you would be doing at Expressable
- Review and validate the accuracy and coverage of ICD-10 codes documented at the conclusion of a client's visit, ensuring coding compliance with insurance and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct audits of client records to ensure accuracy and adherence to medical coverage policies, identifying any discrepancies or potential issues.
- Assist in researching medical policies and reach out to insurance plans as needed to confirm claim reimbursement and contract compliance
- Maintain an accurate record of client accounts; manage all aspects of invoicing, client payments, and accounts receivable
- Calculate any applicable discount rates and manage account balances to discover outstanding debts or inconsistencies.
- Provide support for client onboarding and all aspects of billing and claims processing and refiling
- Handle incoming calls and proactively reach out to clients to address and resolve insurance issues relating to benefits, processing status, invoices, payments, balances, etc.
- Participate in the research of claims Collaborate with revenue cycle management partners to research, appeal, and refile denied or rejected claims
- Create and update information in electronic health records and CRM.
- Properly escalate items needing attention.
- Ensure work is performed in compliance with company policies including HIPAA and other regulatory, legal and safety requirements.
What you bring to Expressable
- At least 2 years of experience working as a billing clerk, client intake services, or medical front office representative.
- Well versed in claims processing and research, with in-depth knowledge of HMOs, PPOs, Commercial Payers, HSAs/FSAs, Medicaid, and Medicare
- Adept at interacting with a wide variety of insurance plans in multiple states each day.
- Ability to collaborate with a fully remote team
Key competencies for success in this role
- Professionalism--Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Attention to Detail-- Double-checks the accuracy of information and work product to provide accurate and consistent work. Provides information on a timely basis and in a usable form to others who need to act on it. Carefully monitors the details and quality of one's own and others' work.
- Planning/Organizing (Time Management)--Ability to work independently. Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans. Acts with a sense of urgency.
- Customer Service--Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments. Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Adaptability--Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Benefits at Expressable
- Exceptional paid time off policies that encourage and support life balance
- 401k matching to ensure our staff have what they need to enjoy their retirement
- Health insurance options that ensure well being for the whole person and their family
- Company provided hardware and software for home office
- Remote work environment that strives for connectivity through professional collaboration and personal connections
$18 - $22 an hour
Expressable values people. From the technology we develop, the services we provide, and the culture we maintain, Expressable cares about the experience of our employees, clients, and prospects. We intentionally create and sustain supportive environments in which everyone - clients, caregivers, speech-language pathologists, and team members - can achieve their highest potential.
We believe that building trusting and collaborative relationships is paramount to delivering quality care so we operate with the highest levels of honesty, transparency, and accountability as individuals and a collaborative team. We believe that transforming therapy happens through the steady and iterative problem solving of an interdisciplinary team.
Expressable is an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate and embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a broad tapestry of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Expressable is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Expressable will take the steps to ensure people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.