Marketing Project Specialist
Cambridge, MA /
Sales and Marketing /
How do you build a leading brand? What makes a brand trustworthy? Bold? Innovative? What makes a brand remarkable? Extension Engine is on a mission: to be the most sought-after transformational force in digital learning. Our vision requires us to establish ourselves as the unquestioned leader in the digital learning market. Does that sound like an exciting challenge? If so, you’ve come to the right place. In this new role, you’ll report to the Director of Marketing and work closely with other key stakeholders to execute and manage our marketing strategy and initiatives. We need your marketing skills — project management, creative content and messaging, automation and operations — to bring our vision to life.
What you'll do:
- Project Management (owner): Identify, own and lead stakeholders and marketing team through a marketing project management tool or function. Manage initiatives, build project plans, and shepherd the team and stakeholders through projects from start to finish. Integrate contractors into our marketing team and manage resources.
- Marketing Operations & Technology (owner): Manage existing marketing technology (HubSpot, Wordpress, Google Analytics), ensure data integrity, and optimize or grow our marketing tech stack. Work with People Ops and Marketing to design a social media strategy and execute on the vision with writers and designers. Work with the marketing team and leadership to identify experiments. Research, design, implement, and run experiments (digital advertising, paid promotion, SEO/SEM).
- Strategy (contributor): Collaborate with the Director of Marketing, Director of People Ops, and Partner to build out a vision and strategy for our firm’s brand, set KPIs and OKRs, and identify marketing initiatives and execution plans.
- Data & Analytics (contributor): In collaboration with the Director of Marketing, build and maintain reports and dashboards; analyze data and identify trends; and report on outcomes, KPIs, and OKRs.
Who you are:
- Project management experience with specific ability to deliver projects within schedule and budget.
- Experience executing on integrated marketing campaigns and managing marketing technologies/operations.
- Experience working with teams and contributors to develop content/creative marketing assets.
- Brand steward who ensures every marketing asset (emails, blogs, landing pages, design) lives up to the quality of our brand.
- Strong collaborator and communicator capable of working closely with colleagues, stakeholders, and contractors to develop and execute on marketing initiatives.
- Comfortable with shifting priorities and ability to pivot, be agile, and move quickly to achieve specific goals.
- Marketing technology skills and acumen, specifically in HubSpot or related CRM, with a desire to learn more.
- Insatiable appetite and love of learning.
What we offer:
- Extension Engine’s guiding principle is to “Do the Right Thing.” This means for our team members and our clients.
- Our connections---our relationships---are our most valuable assets and at Extension Engine, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with a group of curious, humble, transparent, and quirky people who are laser focused on outcomes. Our current team members are parents, woodworkers, apple sauce canners, marathon runners, international trekkers, and accomplished musicians---just to name a few.
- We know that the right benefits and perks enable team members to do their best work and live their best lives. We look at benefits and perks holistically and focus on what really matters.
- Starting with the basics, we offer a competitive salary, and pay for the majority of health and dental insurance so that you can get the right care when you need it.
- Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance cover your worst case scenarios.
- From there, a wellness stipend helps you get and stay healthy, flexible work hours and time-off allow you fulfill your other responsibilities and do the things you love, and a top notch 401k helps you worry a little less about the future.
- We have a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other’s unique perspectives, backgrounds, and abilities, and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
- We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Who we are:
Extension Engine is a services firm that helps higher education institutions, nonprofit organizations, and learning businesses create Custom Learning Experiences — online learning as unique as their vision and brand. We deliver by working closely with our clients to imagine the best solutions for their learners and business. We urge our clients to rethink every aspect of the learning landscape in order to help them design a unique vision. We then build innovative educational solutions to meet their vision while being agnostic about technology. We help our clients grow by building internal knowledge and capacity — through launching the program, co-operating, and then transferring — thereby enabling them to expand on what we’ve created together, with or without us.