Senior Learning Experience Designer
COVID rocked our world and our education systems. Now that the initial storm has been weathered, the world's leading universities and most innovative nonprofits are working to rebuild for the fall and re-envision their long term approaches to learning without traditional campuses and classrooms.
That’s why we need you, as an advocate for learner-centered design, with a passion for the convergence of learning science and technology, to work with us to chart the way forward. We are searching for a Senior Learning Experience (LX) Designer to own LX design and content work, develop key relationships with subject matter experts, guide clients through critical learning decisions and advise on their efforts to build new capabilities. We are searching for someone to transform digital education to thrive in this new order.
Once it is safe, and we open the doors, the Senior LX Designer will call our brand new office in the heart of Harvard Square home. The role reports to a Learning Experience Lead and mentors and coaches junior team members.
What you'll do:
- Utilize best practices and current thinking from learning science and educational technology to design and develop highly effective, engaging learning experiences and content.
- Analyze clients’ learning-related challenges and opportunities, including learning proposition, learning goals, key differentiators, learner personas, and metrics of learner success.
- When applicable, partner with the product team to design a high-level vision for a product or program’s learning experience, including learner journeys, product and platform features, content strategy, and metrics of product and learner success.
- Work with client stakeholders and other EE team members on educational strategy ideation, decision-making, project planning, and implementation.
- Develop and lead strategies to gather data to validate and refine learning design choices prior to and following release.
- Guide subject matter experts in their development of learning objectives, assessment strategies, content maps, activity types, and learner interactions.
- Advise clients on efforts to build internal capacity for learning design, content creation, and program support.
- Work with project managers to establish project plans, including key learning design milestones, deliverables, team allocation, and budget.
- Coach and provide feedback to less experienced members of the LXD team.
- Travel to client sites is required, approximately 4-6 times per year, usually 2-3 nights per trip.
Who you are:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in instructional design or learning experience design required. Bachelor’s degree required; Master's degree in a related field preferred.
- Passion for learning and remaining on the cutting edge of current thinking in learning science and educational technology, and an ability to present a perspective on these issues in strategic and technical conversations.
- Experience assessing learner needs, determining learning goals, and proposing a comprehensive learning strategy.
- Experience working directly with subject matter experts to manage their contributions and diplomatically align their perspective and thinking to best serve project needs.
- Experience working with product managers, user interface designers, and software developers to prototype, user test and developing requirements for technology solutions.
- Experience communicating ideas visually through sketches, wireframes, diagrams, etc.
- Strong, communicative, collaborator with a track record of working closely with other teams to achieve project objectives within deadlines and budgets.
- Familiarity with a variety of modern tools and technologies used in formal and informal learning settings (e.g. LMS’s, collaboration tools, assessment tools, mobile learning).
- Demonstrated comfort with ambiguity, flexible mindset, and ability to work with autonomy to deliver on precise deadlines.
- Experience working in a client service role or consulting organization; experience in higher education and non-higher education settings.
What we offer:
- Extension Engine’s guiding principle is to “Do the Right Thing.” This means for our team members and our clients.
- Our connections---our relationships---are our most valuable assets and at Extension Engine, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with a group of curious, humble, transparent, and quirky people who are laser focused on outcomes.
- At the end of the day, we know that people don’t live to work, they work to live. That’s why we support each other’s personal priorities. Our current team members are parents, woodworkers, apple sauce canners, marathon runners, international trekkers, and accomplished musicians---just to name a few.
- We also offer a competitive salary, health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 401k with a generous match; gym cost sharing; and flexible paid time off.
- We have a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other’s unique perspectives, backgrounds, and abilities, and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
Who We Are:
Extension Engine is a services firm that helps higher education institutions, nonprofit organizations, and learning businesses create Custom Learning Experiences — online learning as unique as their vision and brand. We deliver by working closely with our clients to imagine the best solutions for their learners and business. We urge our clients to rethink every aspect of the learning landscape in order to help them design a unique vision. We then build innovative educational solutions to meet their vision while being agnostic about technology. We help our clients grow by building internal knowledge and capacity — through launching the program, co-operating, and then transferring — thereby enabling them to expand on what we’ve created together, with or without us.