Senior Product Manager
Cambridge, MA /
Product Design /
COVID-19 skewed the way that many people think about digital learning. Set up a video conference and toss some slides onto a cookie-cutter site and BAM! you’ve created an online learning platform. The problem? These types of solutions are boring and usually don’t actually help users learn. As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll work with a talented team who are changing the way people think about online learning. You’ll be at the frontier, creating products recognized by industry experts. You’ll demonstrate that online learning is not just about pixels on the screen or getting someone to click on the right button. Understanding the technical possibilities and limitations, you’ll push the team to create something different. Working closely with Product Designers, you’ll dive deep and invent design solutions that affect learning. Collaborating with Engineers and QA, you’ll bring those desired solutions to life. You’ll change people’s minds. Changes their world view and future possibilities.
What you'll do:
- Conduct research and expertly advise clients on product development options that clearly define functionality and budgetary tradeoffs.
- Design and facilitate workshops to gather insights on client’s needs and challenges.
- Create a product strategy and roadmap by synthesizing the business case, learning needs, and technical opportunities and constraints.
- Write requirements, specifications, and artifacts to express the design and underlying design decisions of a product in a way that aligns understanding internally and with clients.
- Synthesize disparate elements and present a compelling product strategy that excites and engages clients.
- Collaborate across product functions and client stakeholders to orchestrate the product development.
- Work with our engineering team to define and design the appropriate technical solutions to client needs.
- Serve as the product owner on our internal scrum teams, working with clients and internal stakeholders to plan sprint development and product releases.
- Represent client needs while prioritizing features and triaging bugs in real time.
- Stay abreast of current trends, tools, and technologies in digital learning.
Who you are:
- Software Product Strategist: 5+ years software product development and management experience discovering, and defining, and prioritizing innovative product features. Must have experience with custom software development.
- Systems Communicator: Able to create complex models that convey product components and relationships to align understanding across external client stakeholders and internal team members. Proven track record working collaboratively with software development teams to build products.
- Technology fluency: Has a moderate understanding of technology (cloud, apis, front end, database, back end, etc.) to work effectively and make informed decisions with our engineering team.
- Adaptive Leader: Experience leading diverse remote teams of technical, non technical, and creative members in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities to achieve intended results.
- Empathetic Collaborator: Seeks to understand with active listening, is self-aware, willing to explore own biases, and able to create mutually desirable outcomes.
- Storyteller: Great verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable working with and presenting to clients, prospects and senior stakeholders.
- Curious: Embraces an “always be learning” attitude and work culture.
- Passionate: Excited about the intersection of technology and learning.
What we offer:
- Extension Engine’s guiding principle is to “Do the Right Thing.” This means for our team members and our clients.
- Our connections---our relationships---are our most valuable assets and at Extension Engine, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with a group of curious, humble, transparent, and quirky people who are laser focused on outcomes. Our current team members are parents, woodworkers, apple sauce canners, marathon runners, international trekkers, and accomplished musicians---just to name a few.
- We know that the right benefits and perks enable team members to do their best work and live their best lives. We look at benefits and perks holistically and focus on what really matters.
- Starting with the basics, we offer a competitive salary, and pay for the majority of health and dental insurance so that you can get the right care when you need it.
- Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance cover your worst case scenarios.
- From there, a wellness stipend helps you get and stay healthy, flexible work hours and time-off allow you fulfill your other responsibilities and do the things you love, and a top notch 401k helps you worry a little less about the future.
- We have a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other’s unique perspectives, backgrounds, and abilities, and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
- We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Who we are:
Extension Engine is a services firm that helps higher education institutions, nonprofit organizations, and learning businesses create Custom Learning Experiences — online learning as unique as their vision and brand. We deliver by working closely with our clients to imagine the best solutions for their learners and business. We urge our clients to rethink every aspect of the learning landscape in order to help them design a unique vision. We then build innovative educational solutions to meet their vision while being agnostic about technology. We help our clients grow by building internal knowledge and capacity — through launching the program, co-operating, and then transferring — thereby enabling them to expand on what we’ve created together, with or without us.