Media & Content Lead
Are you a strategic, out of the box thinker, who is looking to disrupt the adult learning market with creative media and content that pushes the boundaries of possibilities? If so, we’re looking for you!
Extension Engine is hiring our first Media and Content Lead. As the Media and Content Lead, you will report to the Director of Learning Experience and lead your own small team of Video Editors, Content Writers, and Media Producers. You will have the unique opportunity to shape our current work today by ensuring our videos and content enhances the learning experience. You’ll also have the opportunity to leave your legacy by defining and executing the vision and strategy of the team in the long term.
What you'll do:
- Project Strategy and Implementation
- Provide feedback and creative oversight to team members.
- Collaboratively establish standards of quality for media and content work and ensure they are achieved.
- Own media strategy for a select portfolio of projects from inception to delivery.
- Consult with internal project teams on media strategy; brainstorm creative solutions to meet media needs.
- Team Management and Leadership
- Spearhead development of the media and content team’s expertise and perspective on media for learning.
- Lead the team through set up, adaptation, evolution of processes for producing media and content.
- Lead project estimation; manage resources and project staffing; source and manage contractors as needed.
- Offer thought partnership, coaching, mentorship to members of an interdisciplinary team.
- Create plan for growth and make hiring recommendations for new team members as needed.
- Develop new team capabilities and methods of working and ensure the team remains on the cutting edge of media for learning.
- Work with other functional teams to strengthen interdisciplinary collaboration on projects.
Who you are:
- 4+ years leading media design and production projects.
- At least 2 years of experience managing people
- Experience developing production processes and workflows for media.
- Accomplished visual storyteller utilizing multiple forms of digital media.
- Experience developing media and content for learning applications.
- Ability to articulate a persuasive perspective on effective use of media and content to support learning.
- Great verbal and written communication skills – Comfortable working with and presenting to clients, prospects and senior stakeholders.
- Hands on exposure to a variety of cutting edge media technologies and a desire to stay abreast of the next frontier.
- Significant experience with video production is required; additional experience with at least one of the following is preferred: graphic design, interactive media, games for learning, radio/podcasting, animation.
What we offer:
- Extension Engine’s guiding principle is to “Do the Right Thing.” This means for our clients and our team members.
- Our connections---our relationships---are our most valuable assets and at Extension Engine, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with a group of curious, humble, transparent, and quirky people who are laser focus on outcomes.
- At the end of the day, we know that people don’t live to work, they work to live. That’s why we support each other’s personal priorities. Our current team members are mom and dads, woodworkers, apple sauce canners, marathon runners, international trekkers, and accomplished musicians---just to name a few.
- We offer a competitive salary, health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k with a generous match, gym cost sharing, and flexible paid time off.
- We have a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other’s unique perspectives, backgrounds, and abilities, and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
Who we are:
Extension Engine is a services firm that helps higher education institutions, nonprofit organizations, and learning businesses create Custom Learning Experiences — online learning as unique as their vision and brand. We deliver by working closely with our clients to imagine the best solutions for their learners and business. We urge our clients to rethink every aspect of the learning landscape in order to help them design a unique vision. We then build innovative educational solutions to meet their vision while being agnostic about technology. We help our clients grow by building internal knowledge and capacity — through launching the program, co-operating, and then transferring — thereby enabling them to expand on what we’ve created together, with or without us.