Senior Product Manager
The epidemic has shone light on some of the most challenging problems in education. The world's leading universities and most innovative nonprofits are grappling with how we move beyond remote instruction and basic video conferencing to create platforms that engage learners and instructors in an even better, more dynamic experience than they would have on campus, in classrooms, and in boardrooms.
Now more than ever we need you; a Senior Product Manager to help define and execute the next phase, the future, of digital education. You’ll work across our diverse team and disciplines to ensure we design products that meet, and transcend, each of our client’s unique needs. You’ll be in charge of the soup to nuts; leading the product discovery phase, coordinating the UX journey, and collaborating on the software development.
Are you up for the challenge?
What you'll do:
- Product Management
- Research user/learner needs and behavior through analytics, interviews, surveys, and focus groups.
- Perform benchmark and competitive analysis to understand the competitive landscape and best practices for client solutions.
- Facilitate client meetings to discover user, educational, and business needs.
- As part of a project team, work with learning experience designers, UI designers, and tech leads to research and define solutions for our clients.
- Working with project managers, create and oversee project plans for the product workstream of projects.
- Create and manage the product roadmap and detailed feature inventories for the product/solution.
- Working with the tech team, determine the best technical implementation to meet clients’ educational and strategic needsResearch and stay current with educational technology innovations and trends
- User Experience
- Working with Learning Experience designers, write user personas and develop user journeys.
- Design sitemaps, user flows, conceptual diagrams, and prototypes to represent the product to internal team members and clients.
- Create page sketches and detailed wireframes to illustrate screen/view layout and user interactions.
- Write usability testing scripts and run usability testing.
- Work with the UI design team to realize high fidelity designs, component libraries, and interaction guidelines.
- Research and stay current on user experience trends in general and specifically in the online learning space
- Software Development Support
- Work with tech leads to create entity relationship diagrams and other technical artifacts.
- Serve as the product owner during the technical implementation phases of projectsWork with tech leads, developers, and QA engineers to understand and make tradeoffs for features regarding schedule and budget.
- Work with tech during development to iterate on product features.
- Work with clients and internal stakeholders to plan sprint development and product releases.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of product management experience in software development role: discovering and defining product features, writing and prioritizing user stories/requirements, creating and presenting wireframes, user testing and other UX methods such as card sorting, interviewing, etc.
- Proven track record working collaboratively with software development teams to build productsA team first mentality, strong time management skills, and the ability to set EE’s design standard.
- Embrace an “always be learning” attitude and work culture.
- Articulate and tactful, and have excellent communication skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and adeptly manage competing priorities and organizational changes to match the evolving online education market.
- Excited to drive the success of a truly unique company.
What we offer:
- Extension Engine’s guiding principle is to “Do the Right Thing.” This means for our team members and our clients.
- Our connections---our relationships---are our most valuable assets and at Extension Engine, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with a group of curious, humble, transparent, and quirky people who are laser focus on outcomes.
- At the end of the day, we know that people don’t live to work, they work to live. That’s why we support each other’s personal priorities. Our current team members are mom and dads, woodworkers, apple sauce canners, marathon runners, international trekkers, and accomplished musicians---just to name a few.
- We offer a competitive salary, health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k with a generous match, gym cost sharing, and flexible paid time off.
- We have a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other’s unique perspectives, backgrounds, and abilities, and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
Who we are:
Extension Engine is a services firm that helps higher education institutions, nonprofit organizations, and learning businesses create Custom Learning Experiences — online learning as unique as their vision and brand. We deliver by working closely with our clients to imagine the best solutions for their learners and business. We urge our clients to rethink every aspect of the learning landscape in order to help them design a unique vision. We then build innovative educational solutions to meet their vision while being agnostic about technology. We help our clients grow by building internal knowledge and capacity — through launching the program, co-operating, and then transferring — thereby enabling them to expand on what we’ve created together, with or without us.