Senior Product Manager
Extension Engine is driving the digital transformation of adult learning. As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll bring to life custom online solutions to make learning remarkable. You’ll work across our diverse team and disciplines to ensure we design products that meet, and transcend, each of our client’s unique needs. You’ll be in charge of the soup to nuts; leading the product discovery phase, coordinating the UX journey, and collaborating on the software development.
What you'll do:
- Product Management
- Facilitate client meetings to discover user, educational, and business needs
- As part of a project team, work with learning experience designers, UI designers, and tech leads to define solutions for our clients
- Working with project managers, create and oversee project plans for the product workstream of projects
- Create and manage a feature inventory for the product
- Determine the best technical implementation to meet clients’ educational and strategic needs
- User Experience
- Working with Learning Experience designers, write user personas and develop user journeys
- Design sitemaps, user flows, and conceptual diagrams to represent the product to internal team members and clients
- Create page sketches and wireframes to illustrate screen/view layout and user interactions
- Write usability testing scripts and run usability testing
- Software Development Support
- Work with tech leads to understand and make tradeoffs for features regarding schedule and budget
- Coordinate with tech leads to create entity relationship diagrams and other technical artifacts
- Work with tech during development to iterate on product features
Who you are:
- 5+ years of product management experience in software development role: discovering and defining product features, writing and prioritizing user stories/requirements, creating and presenting wireframes, user testing and other UX methods such as card sorting, interviewing, etc.
- Proven track record working collaboratively with software development teams to build products
- A team first mentality, strong time management skills, and the ability to set EE’s design standard
- Embrace an “always be learning” attitude and work culture.
- Articulate and tactful, and have excellent communication skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and adeptly manage competing priorities and organizational changes to match the evolving online education market
- Excited to drive the success of a truly unique company
What we offer:
- Extension Engine’s guiding principle is to “Do the Right Thing.” This means for our clients and our team members.
- Our connections---our relationships---are our most valuable assets and at Extension Engine, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with a group of curious, humble, transparent, and quirky people who are laser focus on outcomes.
- At the end of the day, we know that people don’t live to work, they work to live. That’s why we support each other’s personal priorities. Our current team members are mom and dads, woodworkers, apple sauce canners, marathon runners, international trekkers, and accomplished musicians---just to name a few.
- We offer a competitive salary, health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k with a generous match, gym cost sharing, and flexible paid time off.
- We have a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other’s unique perspectives, backgrounds, and abilities, and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
Who we are:
Extension Engine is a services firm that helps higher education institutions, nonprofit organizations, and learning businesses create Custom Learning Experiences — online learning as unique as their vision and brand. We deliver by working closely with our clients to imagine the best solutions for their learners and business. We urge our clients to rethink every aspect of the learning landscape in order to help them design a unique vision. We then build innovative educational solutions to meet their vision while being agnostic about technology. We help our clients grow by building internal knowledge and capacity — through launching the program, co-operating, and then transferring — thereby enabling them to expand on what we’ve created together, with or without us.