People Operations Manager
Split, Croatia /
People Operations /
Culture is what you make it, and at Extension Engine, our People Ops team strives to make our culture remarkable. We of course have our fair share of perks: snacks galore, a flexible work schedule, and competitive pay; but what we’re really focused on is creating an environment where our team members are respected and trusted for their talent, expertise, and potential. A place where people love getting up and going to each and every day.
As an energetic and motivated People Operations Manager you’ll be at the forefront of this remarkable journey. You’ll work closely with the Director of Engineering and Director of Peoples Operations to design and implement a holistic people ops strategy that provides an exceptional experience at every stage of the employee lifecycle. You wear many hats, pivoting from one discipline to the next as the need arises. You’ll roll up your sleeves, helping to drive employee engagement and professional development, coordinating recruiting efforts, and ensuring the day to day office administration is handled. You’ll help us make Extension Engine a remarkable place to work!
What you’ll do:
- Engagement & Development
- Create employee engagement & professional development strategy.
- Hone our performance review templates and process.
- Plan and coordinate team building activities and employee celebrations.
- Manage employee relations and answer questions on benefits, compensation, etc.
- Recruiting, Hiring & Onboarding
- Create and manage our employer brand, including our social media accounts.
- Post jobs, prescreen candidates, coordinate interviews.
- Provide employees with a meaningful and inspiring onboarding experience that prepares them to dive into EE and their work.
- Operations Functions
- Prepare and validate payroll for Accounting.
- Manage day-to-day office functions including, but limited to supply and lunch orders, equipment tracking & repairs, monitoring the mail, etc.
- Maintain and organize employee records.
- Support annual and monthly financial planning, tracking, and reporting.
Who you are:
- At least three years experience in human resources or related role.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and discretion; enthusiastic, ability to influence others without authority, listen, and maintain confidentiality.
- Customer service orientation.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate HR records.
- Tech savvy with experience in a wide array of human resources software.
- Espouse an “always be learning” attitude.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and adeptly manage competing priorities.
- Self-starter; comfortable with ambiguity; excited to proactively identify opportunities for improvement and solve problems.
- We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
What we offer:
- Extension Engine’s guiding principle is to “Do the Right Thing.” This means for our clients and our team members.
- Our connections---our relationships---are our most valuable assets. At Extension Engine, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with a group of curious, humble, transparent, and quirky people who are laser focused on outcomes.
- At the end of the day, we know that people don’t live to work, they work to live. That’s why we support each other’s personal priorities. Our current team members are mom and dads, woodworkers, apple sauce canners, marathon runners, international trekkers, and accomplished musicians---just to name a few.
- We offer a competitive salary, year-end bonus, gym cost sharing, on-site parking, a stocked kitchen, generous vacation time, and flexible working hours.
- We have a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other’s unique perspectives, backgrounds, and abilities, and we are committed to an equitable work environment.
Who we are:
Extension Engine is a services firm that helps higher education institutions, nonprofit organizations, and learning businesses create Custom Learning Experiences — online learning as unique as their vision and brand. We deliver by working closely with our clients to imagine the best solutions for their learners and business. We urge our clients to rethink every aspect of the learning landscape in order to help them design a unique vision. We then build innovative educational solutions to meet their vision while being agnostic about technology. We help our clients grow by building internal knowledge and capacity — through launching the program, co-operating, and then transferring — thereby enabling them to expand on what we’ve created together, with or without us.