Lead User Interface Designer
At Extension Engine we are experts in delivering custom online learning experiences. As a Lead UI Designer, you’ll be at the forefront of this journey. You’ll have the unique opportunity to impact our current clients’ experience right away, and you’ll help to ensure we deliver even better work for our future clients. As a designer, you’ll work across teams to create modern learning system interfaces for custom learning solutions that meet our clients’ needs. As a leader, you will manage a small team of Designers to set - and push - the boundaries of EE’s standard for visual UI excellence.
What you’ll do:
- Design Leadership
- Set the bar of excellence for UI design at EE
- Establish design best practices to be used by all of EE’s UI Designers
- Explain design decisions and ramifications to co-workers and clients
- Manage small UI Design team
- Create high fidelity wireframes and prototypes to support user testing and validation
- Working from wireframes or concept diagrams, create UI design directions for learning systems
- Research and recommend visual solutions to a variety of use cases, ensuring usability and simplicity
- Translate client’s brand guidelines into modern learning system interfaces
- Collaborate with product managers, learner experience designers, and clients to establish and implement a visual language for learning products
- Advise internal team members on design tradeoffs
- Build design systems to be used by our development teams by working with our development team to implement and modify designs in code
Who you are:
- Experience designing mobile first solutions
- The ability to craft seamless, intuitive interactions
- A wizard with color, typography, and composition
- A portfolio that demonstrates your ability to design modern and engaging interfaces
- A team-first mentality, strong time management skills, and the ability to set EE’s design standard.
- An openness to embrace an “always be learning” attitude and work culture.
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and adeptly manage competing priorities and organizational changes to match the evolving online education market.
- The excitement to drive the success of a truly unique company.
What we offer:
- At Extension Engine, we're a mission driven company and our guiding principle is to “Do the Right Thing.” This means for our clients and our team members.
- Our connections---our relationships---are our most valuable assets and at Extension Engine, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with a group of curious, humble, transparent, and quirky people who are laser focus on outcomes.
- At the end of the day, we know that people don’t live to work, they work to live. That’s why we support each other’s personal priorities. Our current team members are mom and dads, woodworkers, apple sauce canners, marathon runners, international trekkers, and accomplished musicians---just to name a few.
- We offer a competitive salary, health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k with a generous match, gym cost sharing, and flexible paid time off.
- We have a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other’s unique perspectives, backgrounds, and abilities. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
Who we are:
Extension Engine is a services firm that helps higher education institutions, nonprofit organizations, and learning businesses create Custom Learning Experiences — online learning as unique as their vision and brand. We deliver by working closely with our clients to imagine the best solutions for their learners and business. We urge our clients to rethink every aspect of the learning landscape in order to help them design a unique vision. We then build innovative educational solutions to meet their vision while being agnostic about technology. We help our clients grow by building internal knowledge and capacity — through launching the program, co-operating, and then transferring — thereby enabling them to expand on what we’ve created together, with or without us.