Strategy & Marketing
Be a thought leader and join us in leading the digital transformation of learning to create remarkable learning experiences! As a Research Fellow on our Strategy & Marketing team, you’ll simultaneously shape the field and build your personal brand by educating the market on best practices in online learning.
You’ll work closely with our internal services team members and external subject matter experts to build our content marketing strategy. You’ll conduct research on online learning trends and issues and deliver results/outcomes through written content (white papers, blog posts, articles), webinars, speaking engagements, and social media channels, which should result in surfacing prospect interest in Extension Engine’s services. You’ll become the expert, publishing content, building a social media following, and speaking at conferences about the work. Your research will also help shape Extension Engine’s new advisory and delivery services.
What you'll do:
- Identify trends, content topics, and concepts for research projects. Create a process for prioritizing, and maintaining a backlog of ideas.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Extension Engine Service Delivery and Marketing and Strategy team members and external experts and clients to uncover potential stories, and support research.
- Independently identify and implement research design and methodology. Collect qualitative and quantitative data to support research projects using a variety of methods, such as existing research reports, interviews, questionnaires, focus groups, market analysis surveys, polls, social media, conferences, etc. that can be used to generate novel insights.
- Content Delivery
- Establish an industry presence by becoming a visible expert in digital transformation and online learning through social media, speaking engagements, and published content.
- Transform research and findings into published white papers, reports, blog posts to be used by Extension Engine. Work with/manage copyeditor to ensure all pieces are proofread and follow style guide.
- Transform research and findings into new services and client deliverables.
- Promote client engagements and success by developing case studies.
Who you are:
- Expert in diverse quantitative and qualitative analysis methods and research design.
- Experienced in conducting research and communicating the findings in formats suited to different channels and mediums.
- Articulate and tactful with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Persuasive writer who has publishing short-form and long-form content.
- Curious about the future of learning, online learning, and education technology.
- Critical thinker and problem solver with a strong focus on service and accuracy.
- Embracing of an “always be learning” attitude and work culture.
- Excited to help drive the success of a truly unique company.
- Ph.D. with 2 years work experience or a Masters in Sciences or Education with at least 4 years of experience in evidence based research or data science.
- Preferred: Experience in education, online learning, education technology (edtech) or learning and development.
What we offer:
- Extension Engine’s guiding principle is to “Do the Right Thing.” This means for our clients and our team members. Our connections---our relationships---are our most valuable assets and at Extension Engine, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a group of curious, humble, transparent, and quirky people who are laser focus on outcomes. At the end of the day, we know that people don’t live to work, they work to live. That’s why we support each other’s personal priorities. Our current team members are mom and dads, woodworkers, apple sauce canners, marathon runners, international trekkers, and accomplished musicians---just to name a few.
- We also offer a competitive salary, health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k with a generous match, gym cost sharing, and flexible paid time off.
- We have a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other’s unique perspectives, backgrounds, and abilities, and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
Who we are:
Extension Engine is a services firm that helps higher education institutions, nonprofit organizations, and learning businesses create Custom Learning Experiences — online learning as unique as their vision and brand. We deliver by working closely with our clients to imagine the best solutions for their learners and business. We urge our clients to rethink every aspect of the learning landscape in order to help them design a unique vision. We then build innovative educational solutions to meet their vision while being agnostic about technology. We help our clients grow by building internal knowledge and capacity — through launching the program, co-operating, and then transferring — thereby enabling them to expand on what we’ve created together, with or without us.