Senior Manager of Product Management - Solution Architecture
San Jose, California, United States /
Products – Engineering /
Extreme Networks Named to Computerworld’s 2023 List of Best Places to Work in IT!
Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before and with double digit growth year over year, no provider is better positioned to deliver better outcomes on scale, than Extreme.
We believe in “walking the walk” of our strong core values which enable us to successfully advance together. Diversity and Inclusion is a vital part of our values and beliefs, and we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive.
Come become part of something big with us! We are a global leader, with hubs in North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East.
As a Senior Manager Product Management of the Service Provider Solution Architecture Team, you will lead Extreme Networks’ key initiatives in Service Provider solution offerings. You will be responsible for leading a technical product management team accountable for delivering comprehensive Fabric, Transport, and Visibility solutions which provide capabilities that uniquely differentiate Extreme Networks from the competition. In addition, the Solution Architecture team is responsible for creating, validating, and verifying best practices for Service Provider offerings that are highly scalable, robust, and fully automated.
Product Managers play a highly visible role and are vital to the development and execution of the One Network, One Cloud, One Extreme product strategy. As PMs, we are responsible for delivering the best customer experience across all our solutions allowing our customers to become more productive and efficient. As the Senior Manager Product Management, you must have great team management skills with the ability to lead people, putting them in the right position for success, and ensuring the career development of each person. You must also excel at communication, collaboration, prioritization, and accountability for solution delivery and adoption.
You will be responsible for the team validating and strengthening Extreme’s Service Provider strategies that are focused on optimizing the solutions to exceed the needs of our customers, which includes reducing the burden on network administrators and end users. You’ll be working externally with customers, partners, sales/sales engineering, and internally with all facets of engineering, product marketing, and operations teams to ensure quality, security, and usability of the solutions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- You have at least 10 years of product management experience with 3+ years of manager/leader experience preferable.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the fields of computer science, engineering, or mathematics
- 5 years of networking industry experience
- Experience with networking solutions focused on IP Fabric (BGP, EVPN, VXLAN), transport technologies such as (BGP, MPLS/VPLS, Segment Routing), and Network Packet Broker solutions
- Ability to collaborate to develop an offering of exceptional design, quality, and experience and jointly improve our competitive advantage
- Prioritizing work and being responsible for Service Provider use cases
- Experience with design or design research, and a history of building strong relationships with designers and engineers to deliver solutions that solve complex problems
- Strong presentation and leadership skills
- Track record of successful delivery of complex projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to articulate positioning and technology
- Ability to prioritize numerous tasks and use data to drive decision making
- Awareness of compliance requirements and standards - PCI, PII, ISO, NIST, FedRAMP, Common Criteria
- Familiarity with automation and workflow definitions
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.