Senior QA Software Engineer (882)
Products – Engineering /
Extreme Networks Named to Computerworld’s 2023 List of Best Places to Work in IT!
Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before and with double digit growth year over year, no provider is better positioned to deliver better outcomes on scale, than Extreme.
We believe in “walking the walk” of our strong core values which enable us to successfully advance together. Diversity and Inclusion is a vital part of our values and beliefs, and we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive.
Come become part of something big with us! We are a global leader, with hubs in North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East.
Extreme Networks is seeking an Extremist who wants to join a team that has a long history of receiving broad recognition from industry experts.
Extreme Networks has been recognized as a visionary and one of the true innovators that we believe will change the rules of the game. Join the Extreme team now!
- Individual Contributor in SQA role in Sustenance team
- Work with TAC to analyze and replicate customer issues reported in various functional areas of the product.
- Work with Development team members of sustenance team to replicate customer issues and provide analysis and work-around for the problems.
- Work with mainline development/SQA team members to analyze/replicate customer issues in the product.
- Work with the team to set-up and maintain the lab for the team’s usage.
- Be flexible and available remotely or by phone or by presence at the office (whichever best suits the situation and the team) to extend help for escalations during holidays or off working hours.
- Be available to work/own small features, if time permits.
- Be available for occasional travel to customer sites for debugging/assistance for customer escalations, if required.
This would require the individual to do the following:
- Experience: 8 to 10 years for candidates with Bachelors degree.
- For candidates with Masters degree, 5 to 7 years of relevant experience is needed.
- Last 3 years of experience should have been as individual contributor in any of the below-mentioned areas.
- Excellent Knowledge / Experience in as many of the following areas:
- Layer 2 Bridging/Spanning Tree protocols
- Unicast and Multicast IPv4/IPv6 routing protocols and applications - OSPF, VRRP, IGMP, PIM, DVMRP, BGP
- MPLS based protocols/applications
Hands-on working experience in at least two of the below mentioned areas.
- Typically requires Bachelors or Masters in Engineering or equivalent
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.