Senior Data Scientist
Ontario, Canada /
Products – Engineering /
Extreme Networks Named to Computerworld’s 2023 List of Best Places to Work in IT!
Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before and with double digit growth year over year, no provider is better positioned to deliver better outcomes on scale, than Extreme.
We believe in “walking the walk” of our strong core values which enable us to successfully advance together. Diversity and Inclusion is a vital part of our values and beliefs, and we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive.
Come become part of something big with us! We are a global leader, with hubs in North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East.
Extreme Networks is looking for an exceptional Data Scientist with a passion for statistical analysis, building predictive models, and designing end to end frameworks to gather analytical insights in improving the wireless and wired networking experience for Extreme customers. The ideal candidate should have a strong experience in building Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence based analytical solutions using large datasets; ability to turn data into impactful insights using variety of data mining algorithms/techniques and creating/running simulations. The candidate must have a proven ability to support and drive business use-cases using their data-driven insights/recommendations.
Apply advanced Machine Learning/Artificial intelligence well established or custom build algorithms/techniques to provide solutions for complex wireless and wired networking customer related problems.
· Work with wireless and wired domain experts to build and verify valuable use cases
· Work with product managers and other data engineers to turn data science prototypes into robust, reliable solutions.
Use data visualisation tools/techniques to naturally explain your results/ findings/investigations to everyone from data scientists to engineers to senior leadership.
· Collaborate with other data scientists and engineers to build and improve on the availability, integrity, accuracy, and reliability of data pipelines.
· Work with other data engineers to solve data quality issues
· Establish standard methodologies for data science including modelling, coding, optimization, and experimentation.
· Degree in mathematics/computer science/statistics/operations research.
· Strong understanding and passion for statistical/mathematical modelling and data analysis.
· Good analytical and problem solving abilities.
· Proficiency in Machine Leaning/Artificial Intelligence. Experience crafting, conducting, analysing and ability to interpret data-based insights.
· Knowledge of software development principles and architecture.
· Database and programming languages experience and data manipulation and integration skills using (one or more) SQL, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, NoSQL Databases, or similar tools is required
· Experience in using data science libraries such as NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, Plotly, Keras/TensorFlow, PySpark, PyFlink and Scikit-learn.
· Good written and oral communication skills.
· Experience with real-time/streaming datasets and probabilistic graphical models is a plus.
· Excellent knowledge and experience with networking is also a bonus.
#LI - ME1
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.