Sr. Principal Software Architect - Zero Trust Security (US)
San Jose, California, United States
Products – Engineering /
Extreme Networks Named to Computerworld’s 2023 List of Best Places to Work in IT!
Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before and with double digit growth year over year, no provider is better positioned to deliver better outcomes on scale, than Extreme.
We believe in “walking the walk” of our strong core values which enable us to successfully advance together. Diversity and Inclusion is a vital part of our values and beliefs, and we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive.
Come become part of something big with us! We are a global leader, with hubs in North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East.
Principal or Senior Principal Software Architect - Zero Trust Security
Extreme Networks is searching for a Principal Software Architect - Zero Trust Security to lead the architecture, design and development of cloud managed end-to-end security solutions for high performance hybrid networks.
Extreme Cloud has an industry-leading and visionary approach to cloud managed networking, built from the ground up to take full advantage of Extreme’s networking, and security solutions.
The Principal Software Architect must have a strong understanding of enterprise-class network security and is the subject matter expert responsible for defining, designing, and leading the implementation of Zero Trust innovative products and solutions.
In this role you will:
- Lead the technical product architecture of our next generation security and networking products in the Cloud security, SaaS and WAN Edge space.
- Be the overall technical authority for all the topics related to Zero Trust, Cloud/SaaS and Networking security and be the trusted advisor to the Product leadership in helping design product roadmaps.
- Work very closely with Product Management team and other architects to translate the product requirements and customer use cases into elegant engineering designs.
- Be part of the agile engineering team to drive efficient implementations of the features on the final products
- Act as the highest level for technical escalation for internal, customer, partner or vendor security questions and issues.
- Stay up to date with security industry and competitors’ offerings and suggest differentiative improvements to Extreme products.
- Publish, speak, or otherwise represent the Extreme security organization publicly, and via internal conferences and knowledge sharing.
Qualifications you bring:
- Expert level work experience in Cloud Security, SASE, DevSecOps and Network security.
- In depth understanding of IAM, Identity and its relationship to cloud and Zero Trust security.
- Understanding of access and deployment of modern SaaS workloads in public, private and hybrid clouds
- Hands-on experience with building resilient, cloud native and scalable distributed systems and related technologies like: REST APIs, Queueing Systems, JSON, Load balancers, Distributed Search and Analytics engines, etc.
- Work experience with container-based architecture and AWS/Azure/GCP Cloud services is required.
- Domain knowledge of Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning as it relates to networking is a strong asset.
- In depth knowledge of networking technologies like, L2/L3 Fabrics, VLANs, VxLAN, WLAN, SDWAN.
- Experienced with communicating complex technical topics to teams and individuals outside of security with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Knowledge of the security and networking industry
- In-depth understanding of Zero Trust Security/ 802.1X, RADIUS Security, AAA, Cloud PKI
- · Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
$160,000 - $180,000 a year
Location: The position can be located at our site in south San Jose, California OR in Ireland or Toronto.
We're utilizing a FlexFirst approach to hybrid work that prioritizes flexibility and employee work/life balance. We do not relocate, you'll work from current location. We will give priority consideration to qualified candidates located near the preferred offices but can remain flexible to get the specific skills needed for this team.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.